Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Ravenloft (Curse of Strahd)

Post by Runeweaver » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:25 pm

Arcarius2001 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:01 am
:o
Wow, just so much wow!! The story, the amazingly huge table (how big is that thing?!), the minis, the trees, the MBA collection, the gypsy wagons (!!!), the palisade, the insanely clever abandoned windmill....I am on overload!!

I agree with Feymous, you have very lucky players indeed!

You have a nice selection of terrain mats too! Are they all from the same place?
Wow, more high praise. Thank you! The terrain mats are of various make. However I have been most pleased with two particular brands. Zuzzy and Fat Mats.

Fat Mats are just awesome! You get a nice carrying case to keep them in, and they are labeled so if you have a number of them, you can easily find which one you are looking for. They have a very thick backing, much like a mouse pad. They roll out flat each and every time, with no wrinkles. Perfect memory. I couldn't speak more highly of them. Careful which mat you get from Fat Mats though, as they have two basic types. I believe the one I am referring to is the Pro Mat. Could be wrong there though.

I don't think you can get Zuzzy mats any longer. A shame really. The guy that made them did them all by hand. He also had a back log of almost a year to fulfill his orders, he was absolutely atrocious at communication as well. He closed up shop because he basically made a whole bunch of people mad at him. His mats through are amazing. They are latex, or latex like, and the entire mat has texture to it. That's right, the rocks, fallen logs, grass...everything. It isn't so high as to make miniatures unstable, but it does feel incredible to the touch. They come unpainted though, and I had to paint mine. I really like how mine turned out. Only regret is I should have bought more.

(in case missed from previous posts. The adventure continues. https://imgur.com/a/Kp7dMPG )

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Feymous wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:21 pm
:shock: .........

So much good stuff here, I'm not sure where to begin. I'm certain to have missed things that will catch my eye on a second, third, fourth viewing, but for now may I ask where you acquired the following:

- thatch roofed buildings in the town of Omin
- twisted trees (like the second picture on the Barovian Rhapsody page)
- wagons in the Vistani camp
- stone and wooden palisade around the city of Vallaki

Looks like a ton of fun. Thanks for sharing!

P.S. The bits of background exposed in these pics suggests and equally awesome gaming table and game room. Lucky players :D
My apologies, I'm not on as much as I used to be. I'll answer your questions to the best of my abilities.
-Thatched roof buildings in Omen (Omin) are Miniature Building Authority.
-Twisted Trees are a favorite of mine. They are 3D printed and come from https://www.printablescenery.com/. I highly recommend them.
-Wagons in vistani camp are of various make. Some are from Wizards, but I think the ones that you are referring to are from https://www.sarissa-precision.com/. I can't vouch for all their stuff, but the wagons I did acquire from them and I pimped them out very minorly. From what I have seen (had in my hands) I'm impressed with their product.
-Another 3d printed design. Believe it or not, this one is free. This is on www.thingiverse.com. Look for the user Terrain4Print. His stuff is amazing, just tip him a buck or two if you feel the need.

Very high praise from you Feymous, as you are one of the people that influence my set-ups. Have always been impressed with your scenes.

Lastly, thank you for the admiration of my War Room. I made a post on it about a year or so ago. It has changed so much. I've added a lot more weapons onto the walls. Even have a replica (and working) 14th century Siege Crossbow. Have never fired the thing as I don't want something to go badly and I blind or kill myself!

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:06 pm

The adventure continues:

https://imgur.com/a/Kp7dMPG

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:01 am

:o
Wow, just so much wow!! The story, the amazingly huge table (how big is that thing?!), the minis, the trees, the MBA collection, the gypsy wagons (!!!), the palisade, the insanely clever abandoned windmill....I am on overload!!

I agree with Feymous, you have very lucky players indeed!

You have a nice selection of terrain mats too! Are they all from the same place?

Feymous
Orc
Orc

Post by Feymous » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:21 pm

:shock: .........

So much good stuff here, I'm not sure where to begin. I'm certain to have missed things that will catch my eye on a second, third, fourth viewing, but for now may I ask where you acquired the following:

- thatch roofed buildings in the town of Omin
- twisted trees (like the second picture on the Barovian Rhapsody page)
- wagons in the Vistani camp
- stone and wooden palisade around the city of Vallaki

Looks like a ton of fun. Thanks for sharing!

P.S. The bits of background exposed in these pics suggests and equally awesome gaming table and game room. Lucky players :D

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:42 pm

Runeweaver wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:14 pm
What is interesting to me is this is from a player perspective. Some of what he has assumed or mention to you is just incorrect. They will find out more, possibly not, as they move along.
That's some of my favorite stuff as a DM, when a player gets into your story enough that they care to postulate theories concerning NPCs, history, and politics in the world. Some stuff you've already prepped so the PC is wrong, but some of their ideas are awesome and get incorporated and they didn't even know they helped shape the world until you tell them so.

I try to have my PCs create the world as much as possible (naming cities, people, stores, etc.) as in my current campaign, the PCs have lived there. Their characters know the world better than I do, so to speak.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:14 pm

What is interesting to me is this is from a player perspective. Some of what he has assumed or mention to you is just incorrect. They will find out more, possibly not, as they move along.

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:35 pm

Awesome adventure chronicle! That player had some gumption to log all the action.

I echo the sentiment that it all looks extremely atmospheric.
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:22 pm

Looks like a very nice start of the campaign. Very atmospheric.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:04 pm

Very cool, I especially liked the windmill! Always fun to read through an adventure. Thanks for the journey! I'm excited to see more.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned