Ravenloft (Curse of Strahd)

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Ravenloft (Curse of Strahd)

Post by Runeweaver » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:11 pm

The narrow passages turned on the side was my wife’s idea I think. It turned out really awesome because I need a bunch of those pieces for this particular build and there is no way I would normally use that specialized piece (dead end narrow) that many times. I almost said “hey, you have that sideways.”, then I realized how functional it turned out.

The Crawling Claws minis are simply awesome. No way of putting it otherwise. I love them. They are from a small miniature company called RBJ minis. Got them from a Kickstarter, but you can buy them. http://store-rbjgc-com.3dcartstores.com/ it’s run by a couple of brothers. I think a sister helps as well. Cool company. I also like their flame skull minis, equally cool.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:17 pm

Are those Thing-like hand minis 3D prints or from a certain manufacturer? Creepy!
104 Resin and 205 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:59 pm

Awesome

I love the crypt done with spacer cubes and tipped over narrow passages for open tombs - very simple and very creepy - lots of line of sight challenges in a fight - well done!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:27 am

https://imgur.com/a/tM9i9m9 <—

A double session posting as we have all been busy. A few things inaccurate as it’s hard to remember back that far. In truth the banshee feigned to flee and rounded back on them. They “killed” it, but this banshee returns in 24 hours....they won’t be in Castle Ravenloft another 24 hours. They will either defeat Strahd by then or become permanent fixtures of the crypt.

A couple of things that were not discussed in the Imgur post is that one of the characters has a bit of liking for Strahd, and Strahd really likes her. In fact he wants to make her yet another of his wives, and she has already found her crypt with her name that is meant to be her permanent new home. She fears that Strahd is invincible and has considered joining him to preserve herself/save the rest of the party. I’m not sure how serious she is, but it makes for a fantastic and dangerous story!

Lastly two characters are likely to perish and we ended the session there. I did so purposely as a cliffhanger. Those two will arrive a bit before the rest of the players to determine their fate. Strahd may have successfully separated the party. If that proves true, their time is nigh and the bell tolls for them.

I should say the latest post is a bit disjointed, but you’ll get the gist of it. I hope they win, but I won’t pull punches. The end is very near, this post will shortly end one way or another!

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:03 am

I really really love your series, from the telling of the story, to the pictures.

In particular, I like your setups, with a mixture of items from different sources, really inspiring.

Please keep on doing this, and thank you! :D

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:34 pm

That is a seriously awesome hut mini - gorgeous setups here and a great story line - this has been fun to follow - thanks for posting in such detail - almost like being there ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:43 pm

My pleasure, Thunder. I’ll wrap it up and send your way.

Thunder
Orc
Orc

Post by Thunder » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Runeweaver wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:59 pm
If anyone wants this bit o’ nightmare, it is yours for the asking and for the cost of shipping. Nothing more.
I happen to be running this campaign and am a few sessions behind you. I really ought to take some pics and post them like you do.

Runeweaver, I will send you my address in a private message - thanks!

Peace

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:59 pm

https://imgur.com/a/jWE1vwQ?s=sms

The session proved to be nearly the most difficult and lethal that the party had encountered yet. Baba Lysaga and her hut were unlike anything they had ever met, and it was very nearly the end for the party. Very close party wipe. The thief (Kat) tried three times to snatch a magical gem from the inner maw of the animated hut. During that time, it was lambasting the party. They simply couldn’t take the damage. Multiple party members went down. It looked really bad there for a few moments. Kat finally pulled the gem out and ended the hut, but the party still had to deal with Baba Lysaga. An incredibly brutal fight. At the end they all made level 8.

As a side note, the hut itself has magnetic legs so that some can be removed as it takes damage or to create better positioning. I epoxied the magnets in place so they are solid. I printed the thing from my 3d printer and then painted it. Sad realization is that I’ll never have need of it again, so I was thinking of throwing it away. I don’t want to sell it as it is not my design, but rather another artists, and wouldn’t be right (legally or morally) to make money off of it. That said, if you are thinking of running this campaign this is a wonderful prop that will scare the hell outta your players. When the hut transformed, thanks to Kat hurting it by prying up the floorboards, the party's mouths were agape. A precious, precious moment for me :twisted: . It has served its purpose. If anyone wants this bit o’ nightmare, it is yours for the asking and for the cost of shipping. Nothing more.

Enjoy the read, it was a fun session. As you will discover in the Imgur post, Count Strahd von Zarovich’s time is drawing nigh.

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:44 pm

https://imgur.com/a/pq3Fakg. <— THE SESSION

The adventure continues. Alren, Son of House Dekk, gets several things wrong in his perception of what transpired. He is the person chronicling the story, and he write it through his eyes, thoughts and cultural basis. I still love recording the passage of the party through the Curse of Strahd like this.

In case you haven’t picked up on it by now, Alren, Son of House Dekk, is a minor noble from the Golden City of Auros (in a land of my own making). He made a pack with a Solar (named “19 of 24”) in an attempt to find redemption for his previous way of life and his many sins. All the characters have wonderful backstories. Just love it.

We just gamed last night, and so there is another chapter due out, but this chapter is from our previous session. I particularly liked building the abbey. The bell tower was a joy to make.

That said, enjoy!