Small session based on some DF layouts

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Small session based on some DF layouts

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Halloween games are the best. :) I'll have to post an update on my game. Had people killing each other in paranoia and such. It was great. :D Looks like you had a lot of fun!
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:13 pm

realarete wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:35 pm
That shot of the Ranger in the crypts is great! They look terrified ... a good weary pose on that mini for the location.
Your town square set up is really nice too, I'm a big fan of the ruins!

Were the crypt sections at the end of the circular dungeon area? Looks like a lot of fun.
Yeah, I bought those ruins not too long ago and was really excited to get to use them. (Part of my inspiration for this was using a bunch of new pieces, heh.)

They actually started in the crypt...there's a big chasm running through this part of the town, and this building was on the edge of it. You can see my unpainted ledges at the edge of the street setup. The stairs down into the vault were blocked with rubble, so they had to rappel down the back side where the old family crypts had been exposed, then make their way through to the vault. The "dungeon" is just a linear series of rooms and halls (the top of one section connects to the bottom of the other).

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:35 pm

That shot of the Ranger in the crypts is great! They look terrified ... a good weary pose on that mini for the location.
Your town square set up is really nice too, I'm a big fan of the ruins!

Were the crypt sections at the end of the circular dungeon area? Looks like a lot of fun.

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:09 pm

zenako wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:05 pm
So who or what were the torch blocks with the dice on them?
They were Will-o'-Wisps. The party had to venture into an area called "The Wound", a necromantic scar through the city, remnants of a battle ~150 years ago, to find an artifact that was possibly still in a vault of someone who, unfortunately, once lived right near the edge of the area before it was created. Shadows of former residents were lurking in the houses surrounding the square, along with 3 Wisps, who would lure people by flashing their torchlight in the ruins.

I thought, perfect opportunity to use those torch stands that have been collecting dust!

The dice were usually status effects. The party throws them out to mark Hex or Hunters Mark and Faerie Fire was represented out there at one point too.

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:05 pm

So who or what were the torch blocks with the dice on them?

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:50 pm

Just got a couple of "action shots" from my player along with a little retirement shot of the Ranger in the crypts.
attos_last_stand1.jpg
attos_last_stand1.jpg (102.8 KiB) Viewed 788 times
attos_last_stand2.jpg
attos_last_stand2.jpg (98.01 KiB) Viewed 788 times
attos_rest.jpg
attos_rest.jpg (78.46 KiB) Viewed 788 times

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Small session based on some DF layouts

Post by ForestZ » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:00 pm

I didn't have a solid plan for yesterdays game until earlier last week when AnimeiSensei mentioned his Halloween game. That inspired me to make up a last minute story line for my group that was a little horror themed with lots of undead, which also resulted in a mad scramble to paint my ruins and some DoD pieces in time (and finish 3 prints which totaled about 96 hours). Fortunately, I got enough done in time to run the game. Unfortunately, I ended up killing one of my PCs this session (only the third one I've ever killed, the last two being back in 2nd or 3rd edition).

Nothing spectacular here in this setup, but I particularly enjoyed making a ruined section of the city, and this is the first time I've managed to use my Catacombs, which I bought with a birthday gift cert from my gaming group over a year ago!
IMG_9612.jpg
IMG_9612.jpg (93.86 KiB) Viewed 808 times
IMG_9613.jpg
IMG_9613.jpg (67.78 KiB) Viewed 808 times
These pieces are still WIP, as I had a lot to finish before the game, and these were "table ready" enough to use.
IMG_9615.jpg
IMG_9615.jpg (101.84 KiB) Viewed 808 times
IMG_9614.jpg
IMG_9614.jpg (87.71 KiB) Viewed 808 times
IMG_9616.jpg
IMG_9616.jpg (112.4 KiB) Viewed 808 times