Getting Started

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Getting Started

Post by Vegomatic » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:13 am

Restock...
Rumor is the next big restock will be primarily Dungeon of Doom items. Last I heard they were expecting it in March.

Cappadocius

Post by Cappadocius » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:08 am

Thank you for the help. I will look into the stairs amd curved rooms when they back in stock. Trying to decide if I want caverns next or the bug tunnels. The caverns would probably get more uae though.

Hopefully the store wont take to long to restock after the holidays.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:07 am

Welcome!

That is a nice selection of pieces for making a good variety of layouts. I think you will be pleased. It won't take long to realize that you want more... if for no other reason than to add even more variety to what you already have.

I echo AnimeSensei. Best bang for the buck is a Kickstarter... or maybe to buy a big lot of items. I lucked into an estate sale and a couple of good eBay buys for Resin sets and KS1 and 2. I have participated in KS3 through 6.

A date for the next Kickstarter has not been announced... the last one ran late July to mid August. They typically begin late spring to mid summer.

As to bling... I have been picking up items from eBay and various retailers... some I picked up in Kickstarters by other companies like Reaper, Terrain Crate, Twisting Catacombs and others. When I first started, I used 3D pieces I printed on cardstock and folded from Fat Dragon Games (purchased from drivethrurpg.com).

Good luck and happy gaming!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:57 pm

Great start! Welcome to the forums!

I think you'll be fine for a while, but you may want to look into stairs and elevations next. Circular rooms and passages are good too.

Kickstarters are typically the best bang for your buck. You might still be able to hop on the last one. Never hurts to ask. The worst they can say is no. Customersupport@dwarvenforge.com

Regarding bling for your dungeons, there are several ways to go. The cheapest is buying hirst arts casts on ebay or Etsy. Next is likely resin stuff or plastic stuff from Tiny Furniture, Paizo, Terrain Crate, Reaper, Dwarven Forge, etc. Last and most expensive is buying stuff already prepainted from places like Tiny Furniture or ebay. DF and Paizo come prepainted but are cheaper.

Best of luck!
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Cappadocius

Getting Started

Post by Cappadocius » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:29 pm

Hello all,

I am brand new to Dwarven Forge and just ordered my first 3 sets. In my research on here I found the suggestions for my first purchases. I bought the Classic Dungeon Remastered Core set, Zaltar's Game room, & the Starter Set. They are all painted and at this time I don't see myself being to paint myself. My goal right now is just to make the end encounter room and not full dungeon. Here are some questions I have.

Will these 3 sets give me enough pieces to mix up the dungeons so they aren't too familiar? I want to reach out to caverns next but want to give myself enough to work with in the dungeons while I build my sets?

How long does it normally take for the store to restock? I wanted to pick up a terrain tray pack.

From my research it looks like a lot of the suggestions were regarding the kick starters
Is that where I will get the most bang for my buck? Though it looks like one just ended so guessing it will be a good 6-9 months before the next one?

What do you guys find is best for decorating the dungeons. Any tips you have for giving the dungeons different looks without other sets.

I just want to say thank you in advance and hope everyone has a great New Year's!

Return to “How Do I Use This Stuff?”