Plants

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Plants

Post by GODofwar » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:25 pm

I got 5...1 each for each Offspring and 3 for the KZ. Our game world has three moons - Red, green and blue - so I may put bulbs in the 'sky' for some game.

Makes for some complicated magickal correspondences!

TLW
WeaselWarGod

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:43 am

I will experiment with these (bought two packs) before doing a rewire. I have a dozen led can lights all on one circuit in the hobby room, so need to put these on a separate circuit.

Assume (and hope) each light is addressable individually.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:12 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:11 am
I don't see anything from your pics except the leaf litter on their website; is there something specific in your pictures you're trying to show?
There is a link to the Punches so that you will not have to search for them. The photos provide a reference to scale.They are also some examples of how to use the leaves.

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/inici ... ellow.html

I also have the yellow cutter but no photo.The yellow cutter punches would work well with the jungle style base below.Metal foil needs to be painted but paper works well. If you use colored paper then you can paint it or leave it as is.

I hope to provide an inspiration photo of how the different plastic plants could be combined with resin and bamboo place mats to give an impassable look with out taking to much play space.

It has been my experience that people that build do not need an explanation and people who do not craft do not want one. A lot of people on this forum do not craft.
GODofwar wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:14 pm
Mike, do you have any links to the Home Depot/ Ecosmart bulb? Can't find the color-changer on a quick search. Don't to a lot of work - I can do that - but if you do have a link, please send it.

The Chief Least Weasel etc

[/quote]

Thanks Pacarat! Now...HOme Depot has dropped my call four times, lets see if I can solve THAT one....

TLW

[/quote]

I currently game at a store. So even though I have walked past the lights a hundred times, I never thought to use them in my game room.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:11 am

I don't see anything from your pics except the leaf litter on their website; is there something specific in your pictures you're trying to show?
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:30 pm

OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Color Change Light Bulbs

Post by GODofwar » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:05 pm

After six calls I finally got an answer from Home Depot.

The bulbs are called LED Party Bulbs. They are $5.95 each. Might be the Feit ones, might not, but they have them in stock. Changeable to all the basic colors and white, and shifting.

I'll report when I get some.

TLW
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Mike, do you have any links to the Home Depot/ Ecosmart bulb? Can't find the color-changer on a quick search. Don't to a lot of work - I can do that - but if you do have a link, please send it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Pacarat! Now...HOme Depot has dropped my call four times, lets see if I can solve THAT one....

TLW
WeaselWarGod

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:01 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:42 pm
LordDust wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:46 am
GODofwar wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:12 pm
Working. Working hard to kill two cases this week. Two out my three busy cases. Which will get me 50% of the way to retiring. Which I want to do soon rather than at the end of this year.

William, was it you that mentioned LED light bulbs one could plug into regular sockets but whose color could be electronically controlled? If so I'd like a source or keywords. Little luck in searches.
TLW
I'm not William, but there are a number of controllable light solutions that fit regular sockets, depending on how much you want to spend and what features you want. Phillips Hue are the Cadillacs, pricey but feature rich and controllable from a cell phone app. You can also buy a bulb off the shelf at Home Depot (I believe the brand is Ecosmart) that has a button near the base that will change it's color with each button press, those were around five bucks last I checked. I have one from some Chinese company (I can't recall the name) that can be synced to a phone app, it only lets you do two at once but you can control the color and even make it pulse or change. It's not as versatile as the Hue bulbs, but it was only fourteen bucks versus around 60-80.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:07 pm

LordDust wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:54 am
..., I have been trying to source more punches for making paper plants. They can help make great scatter that is easy to seal to bases or scenery. There aren't many suppliers that I have found that offer them in scales that work well for me though. Anyone know of any off the top of your head?
You've probably seen the Greenstuffworld on eBay stuff.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=& ... h&_sacat=0

When you do a general "leaf punch" search on eBay there are tons, but size really matters. ;)
The only ones listed under subcategories; 'HO Trains' or 'War Gaming' were the greenstuffworld punches.
Good luck, I'll post if I find any others. :)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:42 pm

LordDust wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:46 am
GODofwar wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:12 pm
Working. Working hard to kill two cases this week. Two out my three busy cases. Which will get me 50% of the way to retiring. Which I want to do soon rather than at the end of this year.

William, was it you that mentioned LED light bulbs one could plug into regular sockets but whose color could be electronically controlled? If so I'd like a source or keywords. Little luck in searches.
TLW
I'm not William, but there are a number of controllable light solutions that fit regular sockets, depending on how much you want to spend and what features you want. Phillips Hue are the Cadillacs, pricey but feature rich and controllable from a cell phone app. You can also buy a bulb off the shelf at Home Depot (I believe the brand is Ecosmart) that has a button near the base that will change it's color with each button press, those were around five bucks last I checked. I have one from some Chinese company (I can't recall the name) that can be synced to a phone app, it only lets you do two at once but you can control the color and even make it pulse or change. It's not as versatile as the Hue bulbs, but it was only fourteen bucks versus around 60-80.

WeaselWarGod

Return to “How Do I Use This Stuff?”