Help realizing the Old Fishery in Curse of the Crimson Throne

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Help realizing the Old Fishery in Curse of the Crimson Throne

Post by nielsene » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:40 am

Ran this over the weekend. People seemed generally impressed happy with it (but the lofted section was starting to fall apart, not enough support. Maybe "ok" for the theme of an old, decripit building but a little frustrating from a build perspective.

Probably going to try rebuilding it once more before putting it away -- want to see if I can use terrain trays to help provide a more stable base for large city builder second floor builds. Also want to see if I can do the split-level build that the module actually calls for. Pretty sure I can't do both of those experiments simultaneously --
the foot print of the second floor is 2 12" by 8" sections. Currently I have them all the same height. so I can throw a 12"x12" terrain tray under the lofted & half of the support section and feel good. But if I drop the lofted section by a bit then I can't use a large tray. Would need to use multiple 4x8s and that might not be any more stable that my interlocked double posts.

Also, do people have prefered ways of documenting/recording a build for rebuilding? Pretty sure this is one I'll want to come back to. While a couple of photos are nice, I'm not sure if there's a more methodical approach (either photos or otherwise) to make sure its easy to reconstruct.

Paladin in Hell
Orc
Orc

Re: Help realizing the Old Fishery in Curse of the Crimson Throne

Post by Paladin in Hell » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:59 am

Try taking pictures of the build as you deconstruct it layer by layer and use the method DF uses for their build docs - spread the pieces out a little showing them individually.

Return to “How Do I Use This Stuff?”