Help realizing the Old Fishery in Curse of the Crimson Throne

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Help realizing the Old Fishery in Curse of the Crimson Throne

Post by nielsene » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:45 pm

Did some more more on the second floor, probably close to done, and now time to hunt for props.

No changes to the first floor layout (aside from minor tweaks to the docks)
old-fish-second.jpg
View from the street
old-fish-second.jpg (105.26 KiB) Viewed 884 times
old-fish-second-boat.jpg
View of the second story boat
old-fish-second-boat.jpg (83.63 KiB) Viewed 884 times
old-fish-walkway.jpg
View of the raised walkway
old-fish-walkway.jpg (70.58 KiB) Viewed 884 times
Didn't have enough 3rd party docks to line both the wharf and the walkway with them, so went with only the walkway, using normal tudor floors for the wharf. Didn't have enough water terrain trays for both sides and portions of the wrap around to the ship, so went with places where the party is more likely to fall in. Very happy with how hidden the first floor walkway is, but a little sad about how sturdy the raised walkway looks with all the erinthor mountains used for elevation.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Help realizing the Old Fishery in Curse of the Crimson Throne

Post by nielsene » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:58 pm

Working on a build for the Old Fishery in curse of the crimson throne (Pathfinder Adventure Path).

I've got a partial build that's coming together, a 8x12" city build first floor (using 4 ruined tudor tiles to make the opening to the river). (Build should be closer to 6x12, but hard to go off 4x4 with tudor. Maybe could swap in some advanced builder stone), but I think it would still be hard to generate the required hole in the middle and walk ways. As it is I lose the walkways, but otherwise feels close enough. II'm lofting the entire build one floor tile up to make the drop to the water look more correct (and match some third party docks I have).
IMG_20190131_153841.jpg
First floor.
IMG_20190131_153841.jpg (83.51 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Using another city build floor with balconies to represent the below deck portion of a boat.

The top second floor is where I'm having trouble -- its current 12x12, and topology wise is close enough to the map that I'm happy. However, I can't find solutions I like for the second story of the boat -- it needs to abut the second floor of the building. The idea is that the docks in the first picture are hidden by the swell of the boat as it rises to meet the overhang of the second floor of the building. I can't find a way to get the fake city builder boat broader in a way that looks good, and that still gives me places to put pillings/support for the overhang of the second floor, and have the hidden dock.
IMG_20190131_155551.jpg
second floor
IMG_20190131_155551.jpg (87.6 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Ideas on things I should try?

I still need to build the second floors higher docks. Will probably pull out some of the 4x8 terrain trays and some erinthor mountains to back the street-to-river cliff face as well, but that's more window dressing.

Return to “How Do I Use This Stuff?”