Windows

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Windows

Post by kitenerd » Sat May 11, 2019 6:40 pm

I have just enough castle builder to be frustrated by it

currently I’m running an adventure that involves a round wizards tower and I’m using this large circular walls from the dungeon of doom to be the levels of the wizard tower this doesn’t get you stacking but it does get you a playable circular room and then when they go up a level I just re-dress the interior and use the same circle every time
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Windows

Post by Vegomatic » Sat May 11, 2019 12:04 pm

I am not clear as to what you have and are asking for...

You say you have some Dungoen of Doom and want to build a tower... that you have enough to build three levels. Are you building a square tower? A round tower (using large curved walls maybe)? What do you mean by castle compatibility? Some more detail would be helpful as there are many sets out there and it depends on what you want to achieve.

If you are looking for Dungeons of Doom type tiles (2x2 square) there is the Castle Walls pack from KS1. It has several walls with windows and and several with arrow slits.

In Dungeon of Doom there are the doorways with the portcullis, those might double for windows? Maybe?

If you are looking for castle tower pieces... there is a Large Tower Palace add-on (6 inch towers) that adds two levels with windows (as well as a small tower palace add-on for the 4 inch towers). There is also a Large Tower Fortified add on that gets you arrow slit walls.. enough for two levels (also comes in 4 inch size). The four inch towers don't leave much room for playing... the six inch are a good size for miniatures and what not.

If you have square towers from castle builder (or stone buildings from city builder) then add more buildings and stack them. They are very sturdy and will stack super high. Many of the walls in the city builder sets have windows.

If you have city builder stuff there is an add-on pack with the arched windows in stone walls. They look really nice... I forget the name of that pack.

Hopefully I gave you something useful. Good luck!!!

panzerfaust101
Goblin
Goblin

Windows

Post by panzerfaust101 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:08 am

Hey guys - I own a fair amount of dungeons of doom - have a bit of a castle build compatibility question.

I want to do a dungeon that is a wizards tower - I have enough DF to do 3 levels - but I’d like some windows to give the feel of being in a tower - don’t want to spend a fortune and buy a ton of castle builder - but are there any basic sets that will help me achieve this?

Return to “How Do I Use This Stuff?”