Thoughts on terrain trays

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Thoughts on terrain trays

Post by GardenDM » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:31 pm

Cool ideas, thank you!

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:53 pm

I don't have many and do not have a lot of magnetic tiles. I am going to pledge for a few in 6.66. I am thinking of using the River Styx trays as a facade. I have not seen the trays used that way.

Using the floor tiles to create a facade is obvious. I used a 4" by 8" tray and stood it on end with floor tiles on both sides. That stood up well enough even with the over lap. I did not need to fully cover both sides so I tried buttresses. That led to the stair idea.

The magnets in the floor tiles are strong enough to hold some of the traps so long as the polarity is ok. I t is not really a big issue to remove the magnets and turn them over. The two wizard models are lead. The Dwarf is a Bones figure.

I may add some magnets to some of the older Mt tiles to make buttresses for the River Styx trays. I think I would like both stalagmites and stalactites too.

Does any one have thoughts or ideas for Under dark?

The fabric cover over lap is not as big an issue as I thought it could be. It folds well. You could use frog tape but I do no think it will always be necessary.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Return to “How Do I Use This Stuff?”