Tile Mapping Software one could use for DF...

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:38 pm

Someone should be able to help that has more knowledge than I, but I'll chip in my 2cp it the hopes it migth help....

When I start my Tilesystem 3.0.4 program I get this from the Help About Tile System:

(Copyright : Credits: TileSystem: CRasterImage; Master Maze: Dwarven Forge; Tile drawings: Proving Ground Productions; Tile photos: Dirk Fuhrmann

OpenGL Version : 2.1.2
OpenGL texture sizes must be a power of 2.
Max texture size: 8192)

The tile sets already load for me in a long list down the left hand side that I can click on to see the drawing of the individual tiles of each set.

I have a "Mastermaze_drawings.set" file (1kb size) in the same folder as the Tilesystem.exe file (484kb)

In that same folder in another folder titled "MasterMaze" within which are folders titled "backgrounds", "drawings", "photos", and "sets"

The original file I downloaded was "MasterMaze-TileSystem-V3.zip" (50,250 KB)

Any of this match/not match what you got?

Spooktalker
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Spooktalker » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:17 pm

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this . . .

I was excited to find this thread and looking forward to building some maps, but I can't get TileSystem to work for anything. Whenever I try to load a tileset I'm given the error:
"Error, could not open tileset: "" File does not exist"
where is the location of the tileset (.set) file on my drive. The .set files do in fact exist, which is a little frustrating.

It's not a problem with the MasterMaze tileset itself. I tried it with the Doom tileset and I'm given the same error. (This is why I'm not sure this is the place to ask, but I thought I'd try here as TileSystem doesn't have a dedicated forum).

Can anyone think what may be wrong? I've spent a long time at this exploring the program options and how .set files work and downloading the program from different sources, and I'm not getting anywhere. The files seem to be the right place, but I continue to get the error.

Many thanks for any help!

Also, thanks to those who made the tile sets. I'm just starting out with a MM dungeon and I can't think of a way to make use of it without a tool like this. Once I get it up and running I'm certain it will be fantastic.

dandare
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dandare » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:42 am

Hi,

New to the forums, but not to DF (Have over 20 sets now in my hobby room).
Like many of you have looked at using a tile management and design system.
REALLY like the simplisity of "Tile System".

What I am after are more / better tile designs.

I have seen screen shots of "Photo realistic" tiles that are far better than using the basic "Black and White" tiles that the Tile System has by default.

I also note the link to colinburns www - but still do not get all the sets with nice photo realistic tiles.

Anyone managed to pull togethor a full collection or can post a link ?

I would be eternally gratefull.
Cheers,
Dan.

pfworks
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pfworks » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:34 pm

These were easy... I didn't even have to get the scanner out! The next 2 sets coming out look easy, too. 8-)

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:18 am

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF THIS MOST EXCELLENT & USEFUL TOOL!!!!!

pfworks
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pfworks » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:07 am

OK, I've added the RoTA pieces that will be coming out next month. I simplified the floor pattern, because having all the little cobblestones did not look good on such a small scale. The entire thing can be downloaded here: http://www.colinburns.com/games/masterm ... ermaze.zip

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:15 pm

Thought I would just bump this message back to the top with a link http://www.muinimula.de/Muini/de/2nd/to ... rmaze.html to the page... it seems like everytime I look for it, I have trouble finding it again!

Getting ready to put together a sci-fi game and wanted to check if there were the photos yet. Happy Thanksgiving all!

pfworks
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pfworks » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm

OK, I've started on DoE WA drawings. Hopefully it won't take me too long, but, of course, the World of Warcraft expansion is out this week. 8-)

sus323

Post by sus323 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:47 pm

Thanks LoneStarr!!!!! The file is excellent!

Kradlo
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kradlo » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:13 pm

Thanks, LoneStarr! Once again, you've done us a great service.

This will come in handy for mapping the Howling Cavern. Thus far, I've had to fill in the blanks by hand for the river sections.

Much obliged!
Make Mine Master Maze!

Return to “How Do I Use This Stuff?”