Best cost efficient method to get CBS solid floors?

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
Riley
Orc
Orc

Re: Best cost efficient method to get CBS solid floors?

Post by Riley » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:39 pm

oddbender wrote:. Packs of these would be far cheaper and easier than making solid only floor packs.
Except that the floor molds already exist, and each new mold is expensive.

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:09 pm

I bought a pack of solid stone floors on eBay. They were pricey (5 @ $15 ea), but cheaper than the other options I was looking at. Not sure if anyone is selling these days...that was last summer.

oddbender
Orc
Orc

Post by oddbender » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Actually, a plug for the stairwell or trap door is all that you need. I've done it crudely, but DF could make 4 pieces, one for each stairwell/trapdoor and wood/stone floor combination to convert all these floors to solid floors. Packs of these would be far cheaper and easier than making solid only floor packs.

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:51 pm

Yes, we really do need solid CBS floor packs. They'd be very, very useful for all of my CBS walls. I tire of making "pay no attention to that trap door" disclaimers when I am building rooms.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:32 pm

I think the Kickstarter could be an excellent time to get the word out that we need solid floor packs for the CBS sets and standard floor packs for dungeons and caverns.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Unfortunately I think the best option is inced the hamlet sets. If you need a few walls, the wall sets are nice to add on as the Hamlet is a bit light in walls.

I would hope to get a solid floor set, but I have seen no sign of them coming right now.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Best cost efficient method to get CBS solid floors?

Post by jgt4242 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:11 pm

My last two orders on Dwarven Forge were CBS sets and I really, really like them.
I got some add-on, but all my walls and floors come from the 2 Hamlet sets I got.
Each Hamlet sets come with 3 solid floors for Tudor and Stone, wich is fine.

My problem is with the other sets...

I want to get other sets aside my two Hamlet, but it seem solid floors all come in equal part to other type of floors (with those with stairwell hole and those with trapdoor) when in reality I need way more solid floor. It's the case for Starter Set and Floor Add-On Pack. Cottage come with one solid floor only, but also come with a bunch of stuff I won't need that much. Hamlets have a good ratio for solid floors compared to other type of floors, but they lack big time for walls (the numbers and the diversity).

So...what do you think is the best cost efficient way to get solid floors?

Sorry if my question is not totally clear, but I mainly speak french so my english is kind of rough lol...