Storage of Dwarvenite

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Storage of Dwarvenite

Post by William » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:51 am

I really lucked out last month and found two more PlanHold cabinets on Craig's List.
They match my other two to a tee, the same brand, color and size. I thought I missed out, but the ad was still up, so I had my wife answer the add about 4 or 5 days later. She was contacted a day later, but then I found out my responses were sent to their spam folder. When they emailed us I was so giddy. I really thought someone else beat me to the punch. What a feeling. :D Wooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo!!!

So, now I might (?) have enough space for all my Dwarven Forge Resin and PVC. :ugeek:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7979
I still need to rearrange my basement to fit them and then fill them, but that'll happen in time.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:29 am

saraedward wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:23 am
I want something durable as Dwarvenite is heavy. IKEA doesn't have anything like what I want except in thin cardboard. (I use their boxes for my minis) Too easy to have the bottom rip out.
I use IKEA boxes for my minis as well. I wouldn't trust those boxes for dwarvenite, and that's why I went with plastic storage. I have a mix of Container Store and Sterilite.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

saraedward

Post by saraedward » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:23 am

I want something durable as Dwarvenite is heavy. IKEA doesn't have anything like what I want except in thin cardboard. (I use their boxes for my minis) Too easy to have the bottom rip out.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:36 am

Can't nest the 1/2 curve tower walls, so will have to improvise. Probably store them vertically like arches and fill in the space underneath with stacked floor pieces or something. Still won't be very efficient, but will have to deal with it.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:04 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:20 pm
I don't have any space for castle so I guess I'll just leave all of mine in the shipping cartons and stack them in the back of the garage somewhere and bury them under stuff....

Yeah. Like that would happen ;)
I have spare space. I could UPS the pieces when you need them.....

The Least Weasel

Totus KS delenda sunt
WeaselWarGod

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:42 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:20 pm
I don't have any space for castle so I guess I'll just leave all of mine in the shipping cartons and stack them in the back of the garage somewhere and bury them under stuff....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I actually laughed out loud!)

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:20 pm

"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Towers are gonna be a bear for storage, curved pieces always are. I am kinda glad I am not getting many.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:18 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:51 pm
Lay them flat? :twisted: haha 4x4 is the same size as CBS floors; so store them the same way? I'm more concerned about crenelations, parapets, etc. that won't nest really well.
<head slap> What ever was I thinking? I guess those curves won't nest well... I suppose four inch tower pieces will nest with six inch tower pieces... but that isn't much help is it? Guess we will know more when we get some things in hand. Perhaps we just build short towers in the storage containers and use them to sort the smaller pieces into... One tower for gargoyles, one for roof tips, one for short stairs, etc... ;)
AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:51 pm
I know some of my Container Store totes will do great because they're big. I'd suggest them.
I am not familiar with this "Container Store." I have seen it mentioned previously... Checking their website... looks like there is one about an hour away from me... might have to plan a stop when I will be in that part of town. Thanks for the tip! :)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:38 pm
Need to start looking for some other options for castle storage... the walls are 4 inches tall. They won't stand on end in most of the containers many of us are using... Any suggestions or ideas?
Lay them flat? :twisted: haha 4x4 is the same size as CBS floors; so store them the same way? I'm more concerned about crenelations, parapets, etc. that won't nest really well.

I know some of my Container Store totes will do great because they're big. I'd suggest them.

I bought a collection that was stored in a bunch of these. They are SUPER large and are meant to stack.

https://www.containerstore.com/s/storag ... d=10006900

These are what I use in my IKEA Hemnes bookshelves (clear):

https://www.containerstore.com/s/storag ... d=10030814
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned