Color Scheme For Sewers?

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
JK - 123456
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Color Scheme For Sewers?

Post by JK - 123456 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:32 am

Oldent wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:52 pm
I am sorry I can not help with official. I saw someone do a sewer in red brick. I liked the Idea but wanted something that would blend better with my collection . I like to paint so I always get unpainted.

This is the wash and water effect

Black primmer Pewter gray heavy Dry brush

I start with brown for the bricks

I use several teracoats. DF did not make one when I painted these bricks. I use the DF colorsto to detail and dry brush.

All of the DF colors make nice washes. Use matte medium if you want a flat wash.

I use primer because I have to match plaster and resin cast parts to my sets. You can see some of the custom tiles I have made. Note the exact same paints look different with different brush strokes and textures. A unifying wash is always a good idea.
nice!!

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:52 pm

I am sorry I can not help with official. I saw someone do a sewer in red brick. I liked the Idea but wanted something that would blend better with my collection . I like to paint so I always get unpainted.

This is the wash and water effect

Black primmer Pewter gray heavy Dry brush

I start with brown for the bricks

I use several teracoats. DF did not make one when I painted these bricks. I use the DF colorsto to detail and dry brush.

All of the DF colors make nice washes. Use matte medium if you want a flat wash.

I use primer because I have to match plaster and resin cast parts to my sets. You can see some of the custom tiles I have made. Note the exact same paints look different with different brush strokes and textures. A unifying wash is always a good idea.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Hekaton1
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Hekaton1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Thanks! I'm surprised I somehow didn't see that. I appreciate the help!
Zie ginds komt de stoomboot
Uit Spanje weer aan.
Hij brengt ons Sint Nikolaas,
Ik zie hem al staan.
Hoe huppelt zijn paardje
Het dek op en neer!
Hoe waaiend de wimpels
Al heen en al weer!

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Post by Archimagus » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:59 pm

Go above to tutorials. Then download the City/Castle tutorial on the paint scheme for sewers.

Hekaton1
Goblin
Goblin

Color Scheme For Sewers?

Post by Hekaton1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Hello,

I've been eyeing the Monster Sewer Set, and I've been wondering what the official color scheme is for that. I can see that the basic four colors are used, along with Sludge (by the way, why is the color for that paint and some others smaller in the store?), a light brown for the grate, and a couple more greens. Is there a link to what the color scheme is, or does someone know, or something? Thanks!
Zie ginds komt de stoomboot
Uit Spanje weer aan.
Hij brengt ons Sint Nikolaas,
Ik zie hem al staan.
Hoe huppelt zijn paardje
Het dek op en neer!
Hoe waaiend de wimpels
Al heen en al weer!