Non-Slip building surface

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Non-Slip building surface

Post by nielsene » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:30 pm

My three common surfaces are:
a) acrylic panel in the bottom of table's game vault
b) some form of card table felt, if I'm building on top of the table with the vault closed.
c) a felt like table cloth on my downstairs non-gaming table.

Building on all three is very easy. b & c definitely grip enough so that stuff doesn't slide around unintentionally. a) is slightly less grippy, but works fine with dwarvenite. With resin pieces (w/ or w/o he felt bottoms), they slide a bit more.

I actually wish all of the surfaces were just a touch less grippy, since i often need to slide a 1/2 completed build a little around when I realized I didn't leave enough space for an element.

MattM77
Goblin
Goblin

Non-Slip building surface

Post by MattM77 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:55 pm

Morning!

apologies if this has been asked before but I tried to search but haven't really found the answer...

Whats the ideal gaming table surface to build on? I am looking for non slip so an accidental bump doesn't throw things off....

My gaming table currently has a vinyl cover with a vinyl wet erase grid map...if I build things on it with dwarvenite they slide around very easy....

I have been thinking of perhaps tool box liner...

any other ideas out there?

Return to “How Do I Use This Stuff?”