Fixes before going to Customer Service?

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
Ainyele
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Fixes before going to Customer Service?

Post by Ainyele » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:26 am

I've been taking advantage of the summer weather. I had some warp age on floors and my lava bridge that I've been able to correct using time and my garage (temps pretty consistently in the 90's). Using bricks and flat surfaces and letting them set for a couple of days has had pretty good results.

The bridge only had a slight issue not more than an 1/16 '' , just enough to be annoying. I pinned it together and put a brick on both ends balanced up against bridge posts. Let it set for one day and it was better but not right. Let it set another day and that did it. No hot baths or oven just time and pressure and a really warm, humid environment. That was a week ago and so far it has not reverted.

Your mileage will vary and after reading about some of the issues with the embedded metal I cant' say I'd recommend a humid environment for those.

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:04 pm

Thanks very much!

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:32 am

Pizzabagel wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:05 am
Anyone else receive pieces with sticky paint? I have a plastic bag of the brown small pillar posts with that problem.
LadySabelle posted a thread (or commented in it) about what she does for tacky paint. Assuming the paint job itself is fine, she just sprays a light coat of Matt finish sealer on it.

https://dwarvenforge.com/forum/viewtopi ... 17#p142517

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:38 am

we managed to bend a few CBS floors (4x4)

Easily flattened by heavy books and such, over a couple of days (we think - did not count)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:05 am

Anyone else receive pieces with sticky paint? I have a plastic bag of the brown small pillar posts with that problem.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:01 pm

I've put painted pieces in a hot water bath; I don't leave them for too long, but so far no paint has come off.

I baked my lava bridge in the oven at 200 degrees for a few minutes (just enough to heat through the entire material) and then poured cold water over it and it's worked a bit. One side is fixed, the other is close.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:37 pm

Alphyns wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:18 am
I just got the second part of my DoD and there were some issues. Some pieces I'm going to have to talk to DF about replacing. But before I do there are some that I might be able to fix. Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions.

Does anyone know what color or mix was used on the golem's skin (room 8)? One of mine got about half painted, the others are fine.

Also, has anyone tried the hot/cold water trick on painted pieces? I've had bad luck with the hairdryer approach on other pieces but may have to try that again. It would be for leveling a 4x4 floor.
It should not matter if the part is painted.

I do not know the color. I used olive drybrush.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:34 pm

nielsene wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:10 am
I've been trying the hot/cold water on my bridge and pinning, but it hasn't de-warped it yet.
It will be difficult to dewarp parts without clamps Plastic has a certain amount of elasticity but if you heat it you may reset it.If the part sat in the heat with pressure on it, the warped shape is probably the set point.

You need to warm it up and reset it to shape.

This part had to be clamped in several directions to square it up. Note the wood spacers to protect the plastic from maring.

I made a bridge shape to illustrate the directions to clamp the bridge.

The base and the height block are important. The base block will keep it square. The Height spacer block is necessary for the correct shape. Shape it warm then pour tap water over it to reset the plastic.

Reshaping a bones sword is not hard. Something like the bridge takes more experience. You can do it.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:10 am

I've been trying the hot/cold water on my bridge and pinning, but it hasn't de-warped it yet.

Alphyns
Goblin
Goblin

Fixes before going to Customer Service?

Post by Alphyns » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:18 am

I just got the second part of my DoD and there were some issues. Some pieces I'm going to have to talk to DF about replacing. But before I do there are some that I might be able to fix. Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions.

Does anyone know what color or mix was used on the golem's skin (room 8)? One of mine got about half painted, the others are fine.

Also, has anyone tried the hot/cold water trick on painted pieces? I've had bad luck with the hairdryer approach on other pieces but may have to try that again. It would be for leveling a 4x4 floor.

Return to “How Do I Use This Stuff?”