city builder floors with holes

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
period3
Orc
Orc

Re: city builder floors with holes

Post by period3 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:23 am

My set is pre-painted and I don't think I'd like the paint scheme for interiors. But picking up another unpainted set of mosaic tiles and painting them is a great idea!

The only problem is it comes in a package that includes some of the least useful (to me) interstate street pieces. Alleys would have been better, oh well. Other problem is it's sold out :( But it's still something I'd like to try!

MrMorden wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:31 am
Vegomatic wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:53 pm
Might consider drilling through from the bottom holes that are already properly placed.
That's how I'd do it. I had not considered this before, but using some of the CBS mosaic town square pieces as floors for "fancy" buildings is vey intriguing! I just hate to drill holes in pieces. Of there was a pack of just 4-8 mosaic floors one could buy, I'd for sure buy it and drill the heck out of them. Maybe the Town Square pack...

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:31 am

Vegomatic wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:53 pm
Might consider drilling through from the bottom holes that are already properly placed.
That's how I'd do it. I had not considered this before, but using some of the CBS mosaic town square pieces as floors for "fancy" buildings is vey intriguing! I just hate to drill holes in pieces. Of there was a pack of just 4-8 mosaic floors one could buy, I'd for sure buy it and drill the heck out of them. Maybe the Town Square pack...

patransom
Orc
Orc

Post by patransom » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:34 pm

Harneloot wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:41 am
Mind if I ask what gaming table you have that set up on?
The table's from the now-defunct Geek Chic.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:53 pm

pacarat wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:51 am
LordDust wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:49 am
Drilling Dwarvenite requires some care. It is a plastic material so it can and will melt if the heat gets high enough. You would have to go slowly enough to avoid melting it. I believe there are some forumites with more experience than I have with it that might be able to offer you specifics.
My two lupins - hand held pin vice - start with smaller diameter bits and work up to correct diameter.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:51 am

LordDust wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:49 am
Drilling Dwarvenite requires some care. It is a plastic material so it can and will melt if the heat gets high enough. You would have to go slowly enough to avoid melting it. I believe there are some forumites with more experience than I have with it that might be able to offer you specifics.
My two lupins - hand held pin vice - start with smaller diameter bits and work up to correct diameter.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:49 am

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:37 am

Hmm, that may be useful, but probably not for what I'm looking for right now. (Trying to make black plague / green horde boards using CBS -- requires a higher floor-to-wall ratio than e.g. hamlet). Thanks! I'll buy a few extra CBS floor packs.
patransom wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:19 am
The courtyard floors and erinthor mountain floors have CBS holes on the bottom. I think the large DoD floors have the same. This makes them usable with CBS in a sort of alternative way (see left and right sides of picture below), but maybe not useful for what you have in mind.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:41 am

patransom wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:19 am
The courtyard floors and erinthor mountain floors have CBS holes on the bottom. I think the large DoD floors have the same. This makes them usable with CBS in a sort of alternative way (see left and right sides of picture below), but maybe not useful for what you have in mind.

Mind if I ask what gaming table you have that set up on?

patransom
Orc
Orc

Post by patransom » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:19 am

period3
Orc
Orc

city builder floors with holes

Post by period3 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:32 am

There is a stone and tudor floor pack in the CBS section, but other than those, are there are any other floors from any of the other kickstarters that are compatible with city builder and have holes? I was thinking my courtyard floors or erinthor mountains would have the holes, but neither do. (Do the KS5 8x8's or elevation platforms have holes?)

I need a whole bunch of floors and it'd be nice if I could spread that money around some different floor styles.

Also, kind of a naive question, but would there be any issue drilling holes in dwarvenite-G? (e.g. cracking)

Return to “How Do I Use This Stuff?”