city builder floors with holes

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Re: city builder floors with holes

Post by MrMorden » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:43 am

My set is pre-painted and I don't think I'd like the paint scheme for interiors. But picking up another unpainted set of mosaic tiles and painting them is a great idea!

Mine are painted too, I think the painted mosaic tiles would look fine for interiors, but of course some custom painted tiles would look nice too. I try to reserve my painting time for PCs and monsters, stuff more exciting than floor tiles, so I'd be unlikely to paint them.

I do think the alley pieces make for better narrow, twisty streets than the larger pieces, I kind of wish I'd known that before ordering my Imperial Streets set.

period3
Ogre
Ogre

Post by period3 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:56 pm

MrMorden wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:43 am
I do think the alley pieces make for better narrow, twisty streets than the larger pieces, I kind of wish I'd known that before ordering my Imperial Streets set.
I do wish the imperial streets set had come with more alleys and fewer of the large streets. If I had to do it again I probably would still buy it, as I like having the variety even if some pieces are used less. If I buy more though, it'll be alleys.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:19 am

period3 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:56 pm
MrMorden wrote:
I do wish the imperial streets set had come with more alleys and fewer of the large streets. If I had to do it again I probably would still buy it, as I like having the variety even if some pieces are used less. If I buy more though, it'll be alleys.
Similar feeling here. I almost always use alleys over full-size streets, but am glad I have the full set since it allows me to make a big impressive street if I want. Alleys intersections was such a great expansion in terms of added functionality.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:47 am

I have an imperial streets and would still buy an imperial alleys set if they made one.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:08 am

I would also like a new alley pack with more straight pieces and turns or all straight pieces.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:12 am

pacarat wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:51 am
LordDust wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:49 am
Drilling Dwarvenite requires some care. It is a plastic material so it can and will melt if the heat gets high enough. You would have to go slowly enough to avoid melting it. I believe there are some forumites with more experience than I have with it that might be able to offer you specifics.
My two lupins - hand held pin vice - start with smaller diameter bits and work up to correct diameter.
My pin vise is one of my favorite hobby tools.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:30 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:19 am
period3 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:56 pm
MrMorden wrote:
Similar feeling here. I almost always use alleys over full-size streets, but am glad I have the full set since it allows me to make a big impressive street if I want. Alleys intersections was such a great expansion in terms of added functionality.
Loved the alleys add-on. I very much need both b/c when we do 15mm a full sized Imperial street is really too big for ANY street in a medieval town (they look more like the Via Sacra at Rome's height!)
but the alleys are perfect for main streets in 15mm. The Imperials are our 25mm streets (we shift scales depending on what I"m doing - my PC box for each game ideally has a 25mm, 15mm and 3mm figure...yes, I'll get down to 10 or even 3mm if I have a really big town to lay out...have about 200 10mm buildings....

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:37 am

Wow! Don't sneeze when you're playing!
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:07 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:37 am
Wow! Don't sneeze when you're playing!

Surprisingly, 3mm figures (lead) don't blow about much. Need bright colors to tell who's who though! We rarely get down to that scale.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:50 am

We use our streets a lot and use them to create market squares etc, but agree with most here, we would love to get more alleys
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Return to “How Do I Use This Stuff?”