Norwold Campaign

Dwarf
Orc
Orc

Re:Norwold Campaign

Post by Dwarf » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Thanks Kronos.
I really like those buildings. They are simple and the paint job is fair. The best thing about them is their price though. I have seen and bought buildings form a lot of manufacturers (more of those later, when I painted them), but those from PMC Games are really the best buy for your money.
All others may be more detailed but come unpainted and/or need assembly and cost as much as twice the price.
The streets are from Stronghold Terrain. Take a look at their stuff. I painted all those in one session of about 2 hours and they are well worth the price.

www.stronghold-terrain.de

- Dwarf

Kronos
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kronos » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Dwarf, cool pictures, I love the setup! The shadows give a nice "in the early morning " feeling that looks really well. :)
I was actually thinking about buying these buildings myself but wasn't sure. They come assembled and painted in a nice quality for the price but I was still undecided until I saw your setups. They look really good in action!

Dwarf
Orc
Orc

Post by Dwarf » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:00 am

The last ones:

Attachments
Stadt_klein_15.jpg
Stadt_klein_15.jpg (222.53 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Stadt_klein_14.jpg
Stadt_klein_14.jpg (293.59 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Stadt_klein_13.jpg
Stadt_klein_13.jpg (237.88 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Stadt_klein_12.jpg
Stadt_klein_12.jpg (318.32 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Stadt_klein_11.jpg
Stadt_klein_11.jpg (278.77 KiB) Viewed 6078 times

Dwarf
Orc
Orc

Post by Dwarf » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:59 am

Here a few more:

Attachments
Stadt_klein_10.jpg
Stadt_klein_10.jpg (222.07 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Stadt_klein_9.jpg
Stadt_klein_9.jpg (219.7 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Stadt_klein_8.jpg
Stadt_klein_8.jpg (244.06 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Stadt_klein_7.jpg
Stadt_klein_7.jpg (218.17 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Stadt_klein_6.jpg
Stadt_klein_6.jpg (274.38 KiB) Viewed 6078 times

Dwarf
Orc
Orc

Post by Dwarf » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:57 am

Here I will present my latest setup for this ongoing campaign. Since the characters reached Windreach, a major city in the Wyrmteeth range, I setup a a sample of the streets actually not to play in them but to get them the feel of a city after so much wilderness.

Attachments
Stadt_klein_5.jpg
Stadt_klein_5.jpg (255.83 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Stadt_klein_4.jpg
Stadt_klein_4.jpg (96.82 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Stadt_klein_3.jpg
Stadt_klein_3.jpg (92.32 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Stadt_klein_2.jpg
Stadt_klein_2.jpg (87.63 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Stadt_klein.jpg
Stadt_klein.jpg (86.33 KiB) Viewed 6078 times

Thraug
Orc
Orc

Post by Thraug » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Great maps. I'm the opposite of you, I'm running 4e in the Pathfinder world of Golarion. I loves me some Golarion! :)

Dwarf
Orc
Orc

Post by Dwarf » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:42 am

Those 2 maps belong directly to the right of Map 1 and 2 respectively. The adventurers were teleported to #1 on Map 4 (which they of course didn't know then).
They found themselves inside a cave where another of those teleportation devices existed. It became quite obvious quickly that this device, though able to be teleported TO was broken and didn't allow teleportation FROM it to a different location. Another somewhat disturbing fact were those really realistic statues of all different kind of humanoid creatures inside the cave. After exploring it (it was rather small) they found 3 gorgons (bull-like creatures whose breath turns to stone) outside the cave. They attacked the fully grown one, killed it and fled before the 2 smaller ones.
Discovering their current location by first traveling south, they decided to turn north again and thus went on to discover Map 3. There I was, having all kinds of ideas for Map 4 and tons of prepared adventures and they turn to Map 3. This is the best advice I can give to DMs out there. Be ready to improvise...always.

Attachments
Map4.JPG
Map4.JPG (436.93 KiB) Viewed 6077 times
Map3.JPG
Map3.JPG (421.57 KiB) Viewed 6077 times

Dwarf
Orc
Orc

Post by Dwarf » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:25 am

Leaving the thorp Falias, they headed out north just to reach the Pool of Sorrows. It's name derived from the fact that there was a tree near the pool which was possessed by an evil spirit which being driven out of it went straight into the deceased wyvern inside the pools depths. A tough fight ensured which saw the heroes victorious. Having no other coprse to delve into the spirit was banished and the pool returned to its natural state instantaneously.
While traveling through the plain, they saw herds of wild horses and discovered that those were the very same ones they had seen the elves of the Running Horse clan riding. This might be the ones the centaurs needed...
Having been informed by the elves that the dwarven town of Nydad lay to the north, they began searching for it. They discovered it and helped those dwarves killing the kobolds living in the caves under the town. This adventure was inspired by the pathfinder module Crown of the Kobold King. I didn't play it like it was printed but rather used some of the stats inside.
The dwarves promised to send some engineers to Landfall in order to make it safer for winter and traded some coal with them, too.
Afterwards they travelled back to Falias in order to examine an old shrine to the goddess Terra in the eastern parts of the woods. After finding that shrine, they found a strange device near it which they tried to dabble with. Unfortunately, this was one of a series of ancient, linked teleportation devices and the whole party was teleported away.

Dwarf
Orc
Orc

Post by Dwarf » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:57 am

Their travels east (which is 'south' or down on the map) brought them first to the Running Horse Clan, which is a very secluded elven clan. Here they learned about an orc tribe living north-east on a plateau who constantly raided the elves and even hunted the wild horses on the plains. They were asked to stage a punititive raid on those orcs.
Reaching the plateau, they discovered the village of the orcs and nearly killed them all including their wyvern pet. They couldn't know that the shaman had an old artifact (the shaman didn't know himself), that was as long as it was intact the key to a curse that left the former (evil) dragon ruler in its dead, skeletal state on this plateau (they had seen it on the way in). During the fight the artifact was destroyed and the red dragon released, which would result in trouble later.
Afterwards they decided to travel further east since the elves reported seeing some human lumberjacks. They reached the Thorp Falias after several days and had a disastrous encounter with some hellish cows (spitting fire and usually looking quite evil). Try to calm some hellish cows while the farmer keeps yelling at you not to kill them or else he will starve. They discovered that the farmer had found a new trough in the wood which used to be a sarcophagus of an old abandoned temple. The cows had drunk from it and the evil magic did its work. After dispatching the trough (while kiting the cows), all returned to normal.

Dwarf
Orc
Orc

Post by Dwarf » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:39 am

After returning to Landfall, they received a quest to travel further east and try to discover the dwarves of Nydad, which they did. Thus, I had to introduce the next map.
Attachments
Map_2.JPG
Map_2.JPG (371.67 KiB) Viewed 6076 times