Build Guides truncated?

nylarthotep
Goblin
Goblin

Build Guides truncated?

Post by nylarthotep » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:29 am

Looks like in the shuffle of the page the build guides link (from the resources page) only gives links to the BotM build guides. A general search engine will still get you to the page (for example the CD build guides), but searching internal to the website appears to return nothing.

I note that the front page link to the hellscape build guides also works (but you can't get to this page from the resource page build guide link).

Maybe this is already on your punch list as you continue to update the website, but please relink these earlier/other build guides.

Thanks

nylarthotep
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Build Guides truncated?

Post by nylarthotep » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:02 pm

Poking around again I note that the BotM link from resources takes you to

https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/pages/res ... -the-month

which has the CD, Hellscape, DoD, and BotM guides, so maybe just a mixup of pointers?

nylarthotep
Goblin
Goblin

Post by nylarthotep » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:22 am

Thank you.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:45 am

Yah it does appear to be sorted out. I would like to comment that I think this type of feature needs to be touted even more. They have pictures and list the packs needed to make each build which probably help new buyers a LOT to see what can be done.

What would / could also be useful is some alternate builds (perhaps by non-DF folks) that also restrict themselves to just the contents of the listed packs to show flexibility. Those could be simple pictures without all the details. Just a set of other options of what you could build with those packs. It would help to let folks visualize all the possibilities. Run a contest each month for folks to submit pictures to either social media or the forums, with the winners added with attribution to the webpage for that BotM.

nylarthotep
Goblin
Goblin

Post by nylarthotep » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:18 am

Another option would be to get someone like alphastream (and I use Teos just because 1) I know him and like him and 2) because I know he already does play testing/adventure design with DF) to write up the encounter in a 1-2 page blip.

I goofed around with an overarching arc for them, but I am not sure that it is internally coherent.

personwholives
Kobold
Kobold

Post by personwholives » Wed May 05, 2021 12:58 am

This may be a related issue (or a new issue), but looking through the build guides page now, I see the videos for all the recent builds of the month, but the links to the PDF guide (for those of us who would like a non-video guide) seem to be missing. And I was looking to pull several of the older ones.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Wed May 05, 2021 9:13 am

personwholives wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:58 am This may be a related issue (or a new issue), but looking through the build guides page now, I see the videos for all the recent builds of the month, but the links to the PDF guide (for those of us who would like a non-video guide) seem to be missing. And I was looking to pull several of the older ones.
Which guides are you missing? Were you looking here?
https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/pages/res ... ild-guides

personwholives
Kobold
Kobold

Post by personwholives » Sat May 08, 2021 2:24 pm

Thanks, that explains it. I was looking at the BotM page, which only has links to the latest one.

Return to “Website Feedback”