Why are forums so quiet these days?

zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Why are forums so quiet these days?

Post by zoroaster100 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:15 am

After posting this about the forum being quiet, I was sad not to be able to post myself for a while due to a house remodeling that took way longer than expected (almost three months), which prevented me access to my game room and Dwarven Forge set ups. Now I'm finally back and my group finally got to start playing D&D again so I posted the set up we used for our game yesterday in the Cool Photos part of the forum. And soon I hope to post more photos from our sessions, and maybe some deliberate set ups, not necessarily used in game.

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:39 am

Maybe you could post a pic of a sci-fi setup with some beta sets. :)
I didn't forgot what I said be sure !
But I haven't finished to paint the furniture set of Spartan since one bed was missing in the pack and they replaced me after some weeks so it is nearly terminated as you can see :

The lockers are also close to be finished.
Then the video will come, it's a promise !

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:55 pm

kitenerd wrote:
dafrca wrote:Of all the people who buy Dwarven Forge, I wonder what % have their own internet access
I would be willing to bet that if you did a poll on these forums, you would find that 100% of the Dwarven Forge buyers have internet access...

all kidding aside, since the product is only available from the webstore, i am guessing the percentage is high - as for Social Media that is another issue. I curmudgeonly refuse to get a Facebook account, but i do realize that the hours spent on this forum are definitely social media

as for why i am quiet, someone pointed out that i talked too much ;) - seriously - i want to do something special for my 1,000 post but i haven't had any time to dedicate to it - so i am biting my tongue, but trolling along in my spare minutes
I don't think you talk too much. I don't know how a green slaad is into kites, but other than that issue.... (coming from the guy with anime in his name and a D20 for an avatar)
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:53 pm

I hope I'm not to blame, when I posted that thread showing the chart of Top Forum Posters? :oops:
I wasn't saying anything like that, just a post FYI. Y = everyones (this time ;) ). :P
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:39 pm

dafrca wrote:Of all the people who buy Dwarven Forge, I wonder what % have their own internet access
I would be willing to bet that if you did a poll on these forums, you would find that 100% of the Dwarven Forge buyers have internet access...

all kidding aside, since the product is only available from the webstore, i am guessing the percentage is high - as for Social Media that is another issue. I curmudgeonly refuse to get a Facebook account, but i do realize that the hours spent on this forum are definitely social media

as for why i am quiet, someone pointed out that i talked too much ;) - seriously - i want to do something special for my 1,000 post but i haven't had any time to dedicate to it - so i am biting my tongue, but trolling along in my spare minutes
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:33 pm

dafrca wrote:
dungeonmastermark wrote:the forums may be slow... but

our DF facebook group is always busy...

i think some folks just prefer sharing via social media.
This taps into a question that has been on my mind of resent. Of all the people who buy Dwarven Forge, I wonder what % have their own internet access and of those what % have a Facebook account. I was reading an article the other day where a consultant was cautioning companies about focusing too much on Social Media. He brought up some very important points and it got me to thinking.

Anyway, glad you are having fun on Facebook.
I'd be very interested in reading the article you read... or was it in a magazine vs. online?
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

dungeonmastermark

Post by dungeonmastermark » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:41 pm

dafrca wrote:

This taps into a question that has been on my mind of resent. Of all the people who buy Dwarven Forge, I wonder what % have their own internet access and of those what % have a Facebook account. I was reading an article the other day where a consultant was cautioning companies about focusing too much on Social Media. He brought up some very important points and it got me to thinking.

our lil group on FB is more about modding Dwarven forge bits ( led's , magnets, custom paint..ect)

dafrca
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dafrca » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:41 am

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:19 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
HeroQuestFrance wrote:People are playing so they can't post here ;)
Maybe you could post a pic of a sci-fi setup with some beta sets. :)
I would enjoy seeing that. As much as I enjoy fantasy, it would be something refreshing.

madrigalian
Orc
Orc

Post by madrigalian » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:43 am

pacarat wrote:I check daily, but traveling for work puts a dent in my hobby / gaming / posting time.
Same here. I really love this community but work and travel keep me relegated to the sidelines more often than not.
My DF Galleries -
3dDelve - https://ello.co/3ddelve
Imgur - Thanks zazulu! - http://imgur.com/a/ppUeP/layout/horizontal#0