Indented Backgrounds

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Indented Backgrounds

Post by Vegomatic » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:06 am

It looks like the countdown timer is messing with things.... on my phone the viewable screen width is the width of the timer.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:26 am

Post background indentation is up to twenty characters on the left, and now the topics page backgrounds are being cut off on the right. The forum is now unreadable from my iPad(1), I can only access from my home desktop.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:44 am

Looks fine for me.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:48 am

This morning the problem went from an indent a couple of characters wide to an indent about six characters wide, which is enough to lose one or two words on every line.

A couple of characters is annoying, but it isn't too difficult to figure out what the missing characters are when most of a word is visible, or when a missing word is one or two characters. Six characters is enough to make figuring out lost text an order of magnitude more difficult.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

ObLaDi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ObLaDi » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Ok, we'll dig deeper into the issue.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:24 am

Now it's kind of random. Some threads alternate posts indent, some threads every post loses the left edge, about two letters' worth.

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:25 pm

pacarat wrote:
ObLaDi wrote:Hi, I did make some changes to the mobile style sheet. I had discovered that the dark background was appearing on posts by users who are "online" at the time that the post is being viewed. In addition to the tools for mobile being a bit sparse, it is really hard to get mobile to "uncache" so sometimes I make changes that mobile users don't see for a while. I'm going to sit on the fix until about Friday, and would appreciate it if some of you can tell me if you still see a problem after Friday.

Thanks a lot for the input.
ok, i'm online now ... and checking this reply.
looks good from ipad, no black background.

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:24 pm

ObLaDi wrote:Hi, I did make some changes to the mobile style sheet. I had discovered that the dark background was appearing on posts by users who are "online" at the time that the post is being viewed. In addition to the tools for mobile being a bit sparse, it is really hard to get mobile to "uncache" so sometimes I make changes that mobile users don't see for a while. I'm going to sit on the fix until about Friday, and would appreciate it if some of you can tell me if you still see a problem after Friday.

ok, i'm online now ... and checking this reply.

ObLaDi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ObLaDi » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi, I did make some changes to the mobile style sheet. I had discovered that the dark background was appearing on posts by users who are "online" at the time that the post is being viewed. In addition to the tools for mobile being a bit sparse, it is really hard to get mobile to "uncache" so sometimes I make changes that mobile users don't see for a while. I'm going to sit on the fix until about Friday, and would appreciate it if some of you can tell me if you still see a problem after Friday.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:13 pm

I don't know if changes have been made, but I'm not seeing the issue today.