Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:55 am

I see it on my S4. Kinda annoying.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Indented Backgrounds

Post by LordDust » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:41 pm

I do occasionally encounter the same problem on my Samsung S5 as well. I don't normally access the site through it, but it can be problematic.

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:55 pm

jackattack wrote:No change to the first four posts, but starting at post 5 they are all indented.

Edit: Until this one, which is not.
checkng to see what this quote looks like on my ipad...

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:48 pm

No change to the first four posts, but starting at post 5 they are all indented.

Edit: Until this one, which is not.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:46 pm

LordDust wrote:
jchunick wrote:This is what I see o my Samsung S5 Active. I also saw it on my iPhone 4S, when I had that phone.

Johanna, doesn't it drive you nuts that you can't 'inspect element' on a smartphone browser?... it drives me nuts. I do a lot of browser-specific CSS troubleshooting using the built-in developer tools, which have become indispensable... but no dev tools for smartphone browsers.
I haven't looked into it, but can you utilize a tool in an emulator to do that function?
You would normally think that, but without being able to look under the hood I've found that most (free) emulators don't use the actual mobile browser engine... or don't configure it correctly, maybe?... there's a video of a talk done by the guy who runs the quirks mode website who delved deeply into the various calculations that mobile devices do to figure out the viewport and scaling... it's complicated and I think that's partly where (free) emulators go wrong. What this ultimately means is that when you view it in an emulator on your laptop thru the desktop browser then everything looks fine - no visual errors like on the phone.

Besides, the benefit of being able to use the developer tools that are built into all modern browsers is that I can change the css, html, and javascript code on the website in real-time and see the change in order to figure out where I went wrong. There are, unfortunately, no developer tools accessible on mobile browsers... which isn't entirely true, since after posting my intial post I did find this which might work:
https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/d ... -debugging
but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:44 pm

jchunick wrote:This is what I see o my Samsung S5 Active. I also saw it on my iPhone 4S, when I had that phone.

Johanna, doesn't it drive you nuts that you can't 'inspect element' on a smartphone browser?... it drives me nuts. I do a lot of browser-specific CSS troubleshooting using the built-in developer tools, which have become indispensable... but no dev tools for smartphone browsers.
I haven't looked into it, but can you utilize a tool in an emulator to do that function?

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:00 am

This is what I see o my Samsung S5 Active. I also saw it on my iPhone 4S, when I had that phone.

Screenshot_2015-11-03-10-35-54-768x1365.png
Screenshot_2015-11-03-10-35-54-768x1365.png (394.25 KiB) Viewed 3722 times
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

ObLaDi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ObLaDi » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:01 am

Hi, I made a fix to the styles for mobile. Please let me know if the problem is not resolved for you.

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:57 am

Johanna is aware of this issue (happens with me as well) and is working it...

Mydienon
Orc
Orc

Post by Mydienon » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:21 am

The forum is unreadable on my Android device (Samsung Note) as well. Shows as dark font on dark background.