Getting InvincibleOverlord's image posts fixed

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Getting InvincibleOverlord's image posts fixed

Post by William » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:07 am

If I remember though, if someone doesn't have a flickr account it's easy to view, but copying them is a process. It's just a problem for someone like me, who copies all the pictures. I'll look into it again in the next few days.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:55 am

Personally we prefer flickr you don't need an account to view.
Flickr is part of yahoo but you don't need a yahoo email to register - we use an msn one ;)

Started with photobucket but got really frustrated with how slow and cumbersome it was.
Flickr is really easy to upload and arrange in Albums and use tags, in fact you can have a single picture in multiple albums.

So in this case there could be albums for each build and also in an album for each poster/creator tagged with the type of sets used Dungeon, Cavern etc.

When it comes to posting in the forum, you can pick the size you want to post and never had a problem posting them in these forums - previewing works. Flickr does want to add some picture data with each image but that is easily removed :)

We think we originally chose flickr because that is what DF used for castles.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140378804@N05/

We know DF used Google photos for KSV but we find it difficult to navigate :(

In flickr we can do a search for 'Dwarven Forge' and we get pages of awesome pictures from any Flickr user that has tagged a picture with 'Dwarven Forge' and made it public even if we are not 'following' them, cant seem to do the same in Google photos, we only find the option to search our own.

We point the above out because if non DooFers can find some cool pictures of DF builds some might want to know more .........
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:22 am

I would suggest Imgur. It's much easier to copy the pictures at the viewers end.
P-Bucket and Google are a pain if you don't have an account.
My 2-pence. ;)

Also I'll have to look, but I may have some of the pictures.
My problem is that I didn't save by name back then. I'll look though.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:51 am

Here is a link with some pictures.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8363

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:38 am

Given the historical unreliability of web forums in general (and this one itself has dumped collections of pics a couple times in it's history during upgrades) it might better to make a gallery for them on a public photo hosting service which isn't going anywhere soon. Google Photos springs to mind.

Does anyone have a good collection of InvincibleOverlord's pics to start with?

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:06 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:31 pm
I would bet it won't be done soon with the next KS going live in 4 days and fulfillment for KS5 happening at the same time.
Pretty much the whole team will also be at Gen Con for most of a week as well, nevermind the to and from transit. I'm sure they will be willing to at least take a crack at it, but they may need some time to get the ball rolling on it.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:31 pm

I would bet it won't be done soon with the next KS going live in 4 days and fulfillment for KS5 happening at the same time.
102 Resin and 210 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:04 pm

I am not sure who does that but it needs to be a forum priority.

Apocalypse Nerd

Getting InvincibleOverlord's image posts fixed

Post by Apocalypse Nerd » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:05 pm

How can we go about getting all of InvincibleOverlord's image posts fixed and posted in one place?

He passed away last year and his work was an inspiration for many. We should help him live on by having his builds continue to inspire others for many, many more years.

My earlier post sharing the sad news.
https://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum/view ... =13&t=9301

Invincibleoverlord: The answer to where he has been.

“I’m not sure where I should post this but from looking around I felt this was the best place.

I just wanted to post a quick note about Invincibleoverlord. I’m an old friend of his and I’ve been looking through the forums looking for pictures of his setups. I’ve seen people asking where he’s been so I wanted to let you know.

Mike known to you as Invincibleoverlord is no longer with us. I have not spoken to him in many years but through mutual friends I found out that in July of 2017 he took his life. I know for many years he was going through very hard times from a really bad drug addiction and financial troubles. I heard he was trying to clean up but also think he lost his younger brother the year before that. I know he had lost the house where his amazing collection was and where he did all those amazing photos. And no I do not know what happen to the collection.

So that’s all I know but I wanted to end the mystery of what happened to Invincibleoverlord.”