Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Dungeon of Doom revisited

Post by Oldent » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:57 pm

Law wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:21 pm
Excellent ideas!

I don’t think there are any major architectural elements I NEED to see, but new (smaller) stairs and a 2x1 wall would be great.

Really more than anything what I want to see is a set of magnetic accessories. Those magnetic walls are so awesome but one quickly exhausts the possibilities with what to do with them. Particularly since things like the mounted dragon head and shield are so distinctive - you can’t keep putting them out without it getting repetitive. The shelves are neat and can be repurposed well - ie they make sense and feel different in a tavern or a storage room or a wizard study. The tapestries are the exact opposite - they would work better if I had MORE of them. I’d want to line a room or corridor with them. I have a ton of magnetic walls but only a few tapestries - and in many contexts it would be odd to just have two hanging tapestries. (Plus I’d love tapestries with actual art on them!)
see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD9WhCgejAI
No reason you could not use magnetic sheets instead of foam
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:03 pm

I'm still plugging for curved passages. Like the new cavern ones in 45 degree pieces only in dungeon brick.

Also, I still think we should have a corner piller in dungeon brick.

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:34 pm

Law wrote:
The tapestries are the exact opposite - they would work better if I had MORE of them. I’d want to line a room or corridor with them. I have a ton of magnetic walls but only a few tapestries - and in many contexts it would be odd to just have two hanging tapestries. (Plus I’d love tapestries with actual art on them!)
I'm 100% with you on this! I've been trying to trim down my restock buying plan (it keeps inflating somehow... must be dark magicks!) - and just last night I decided to cut the magnetic wall sets and the magnetic accessories. If there was a way to get more varied options - especially tapestries or maybe some grotesques - I'd add them back on in a heartbeat.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:24 pm

Law wrote:
Plus I’d love tapestries with actual art on them!
Be careful what you wish for. KS4 and KS5 both had sticker sheets. (Personally not a fan)

I really, REALLY liked what they did with water decals in KS5 though; I'm hoping they can use that process for something like tapestries or other detail work.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:21 pm

Excellent ideas!

I don’t think there are any major architectural elements I NEED to see, but new (smaller) stairs and a 2x1 wall would be great.

Really more than anything what I want to see is a set of magnetic accessories. Those magnetic walls are so awesome but one quickly exhausts the possibilities with what to do with them. Particularly since things like the mounted dragon head and shield are so distinctive - you can’t keep putting them out without it getting repetitive. The shelves are neat and can be repurposed well - ie they make sense and feel different in a tavern or a storage room or a wizard study. The tapestries are the exact opposite - they would work better if I had MORE of them. I’d want to line a room or corridor with them. I have a ton of magnetic walls but only a few tapestries - and in many contexts it would be odd to just have two hanging tapestries. (Plus I’d love tapestries with actual art on them!)

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:24 pm

Interesting ideas! I can definitely see how those could be useful pieces.

I've been pouring over DoD in preparation for the restock, and one thing I would love to see are some different stairs. Don't get me wrong - I love the epic stairs. And the dais sets are nice & versatile. But it would be cool to see something a little more like the old Grand Stair Pack - where the stairs are a little more modular. Maybe narrow ones designed to top pillars, and some bigger ones designed to top the 2" blocks.

I'm not just talking about adding pillars to the sides - I want some where the stairs on one or both sides are broken away or crumbling like the ledges packs. I want to create some nice, perilous looking climbs :)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Dungeon of Doom revisited

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:01 pm

If we ever go back to dungeons, there are some DoD pieces I would like to request.

I would like a 2"x1" wall with the columns.

Making a narrow passage flanked by columns is currently almost impossible, sadly. It's a cool effect I'd like to see.

I would also like a 1"x1" convex corner that integrates with the columns (likely with a column at the corner).
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Feedback on Latest Sets”