CBS stone starter set, sticky paint, beige base coats

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Re: CBS stone starter set, sticky paint, beige base coats

Post by Saxon1974 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:15 am

DFSuzy wrote:Hi there - can you email dwarvenforgeinfo@gmail.com with this issue so that we can arrange for some replacement pieces? The uncured paint *might* be fine after a period of time, but if not, we will certainly replace the affected pieces.

For the warped pieces:

Sometimes Dwarvenite will change its shape because of pressure from other pieces during packing and shipping. It affects thin long pieces and floors with varied thicknesses (like sewer streets with sewer drains) most.
Please try to place any pieces that are warped into a pot or bucket of very hot (but not boiling) water for about 10 minutes, then remove the pieces and let them dry and cool. This generally resolves the issue, as the pieces have a “memory" to return to their original straight shape.

If this has not solved the problem, please let us know.

Thanks!

Suzy
Thank you Suzy, I'll give in a day or two and that should be long enough to know if the paint will dry?

As to submerging into water, I do that for minis (but with boiling water) so didn't know you could do that with these. Nice.

You guys are always great with customer service, thank you!

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Re: CBS stone starter set, sticky paint, beige base coats

Post by DFSuzy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:34 am

Hi there - can you email dwarvenforgeinfo@gmail.com with this issue so that we can arrange for some replacement pieces? The uncured paint *might* be fine after a period of time, but if not, we will certainly replace the affected pieces.

For the warped pieces:

Sometimes Dwarvenite will change its shape because of pressure from other pieces during packing and shipping. It affects thin long pieces and floors with varied thicknesses (like sewer streets with sewer drains) most.
Please try to place any pieces that are warped into a pot or bucket of very hot (but not boiling) water for about 10 minutes, then remove the pieces and let them dry and cool. This generally resolves the issue, as the pieces have a “memory" to return to their original straight shape.

If this has not solved the problem, please let us know.

Thanks!

Suzy

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

CBS stone starter set, sticky paint, beige base coats

Post by Saxon1974 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:50 am

Just got this today. I think its a great value as I can build 3 small or 1 large and 1 small stone building. Have a bit of warping on one floor but its not a big deal.

I noticed that they used a white/biege base coat on the floors before dry brushing the gray over it. The walls don't seem to have this as they seem to still be dark gray in the cracks. Did everyone's come like this? Its not a big deal, it looks OK but seems a bit odd.

I also have 2 of the floors where the paint is still wet. I live in AZ where its dry though so hopefully leaving them out a day or so they will dry and stop being sticky. I assume they must have used enamel paints since that takes a long time to dry.

If the floors dry its a great set that is a very good value.