Store Options: More customization on orders.

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Re: Store Options: More customization on orders.

Post by DFSuzy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:09 pm

We still have lots of Cavern pieces, so that is what will take up most of the display. There will be some Dungeon pieces also, but not as much.

I don't think we will have much City Builder this year, but we probably will in the future.

Thanks!

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:45 pm

DFSuzy wrote:Hi Guys,

We already offer a wide array of products, and adding the option of purchasing individual pieces is, frankly, too much for us. We tried this once and it really did not work out for several reasons.

Occasionally, we do have some pieces available. If you email us about it, sometimes we can help. We are now offering individual pieces in our booth at GenCon in Indianapolis (August 4-7 2016) if you are able to come to the show, or send someone to get them for you.

You can contact us at either dwarvenforgeinfo@gmail.com or dwarvenforgeorders@gmail.com to ask about availability. No promises that we will have what you want, but we can make arrangements for you if we do.

Thanks so much!

Suzy
Thanks for letting us know you'll be doing that again, I'll have to hit the DF booth first thing then! Any idea of which lines will likely have loose pieces at the booth?

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:39 am

Hi Guys,

We already offer a wide array of products, and adding the option of purchasing individual pieces is, frankly, too much for us. We tried this once and it really did not work out for several reasons.

Occasionally, we do have some pieces available. If you email us about it, sometimes we can help. We are now offering individual pieces in our booth at GenCon in Indianapolis (August 4-7 2016) if you are able to come to the show, or send someone to get them for you.

You can contact us at either dwarvenforgeinfo@gmail.com or dwarvenforgeorders@gmail.com to ask about availability. No promises that we will have what you want, but we can make arrangements for you if we do.

Thanks so much!

Suzy

BaneofHumanity
Goblin
Goblin

Post by BaneofHumanity » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:56 pm

As much as I would love to spend time customizing terrain. I just don't have the time. I prefer to spend any time I do have either customizing miniatures or gaming. Ive been considering getting the painted stuff to save me time. But that is a bit of an investment for me. I just want to get the pieces that I want and not get the extras that I don't want.

Honestly I'm not even sure I want the roofs, not that I don't like them its just I'm not sure they would be that useful. However I like the idea of being able to show elevation. Like a second floor of a inn etc...
6 Billion cries of agony, will birth a new balance.

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:53 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:I haven't been able to keep up with the kickstarter but I remember Nate saying they were going to do floor hole plugs to turn trap door and stair floors into solid floors
You have piqued my interest here. I hadn't considered inserting stonework into openings, just covering them.

so, a couple of options in that regard:

-- cut up another floor tile (cellar or stairwell) to fit
-- try (!) sculpting something similar in finish as an insert
-- cut up a solid stone wall. I just measured one - it is long enough to cover the length of one stairwell and one hatch opening, but would need a little stonework green stuff at the ends to handle the V edges.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:45 pm

If you can make it to GenCon, or have a friend that's going, DF might be doing the by the pound sales again this year with City Builder stuff included.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:01 pm

I haven't been able to keep up with the kickstarter but I remember Nate saying they were going to do floor hole plugs to turn trap door and stair floors into solid floors
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:44 pm

If you are looking specifically for solid floors, you could try plugging the holes on he other two types with green stuff, or disguising / covering with other material (rug, etc.)

I plan to do this with some of mine.

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:35 pm

BaneofHumanity wrote:is there anyway to do a custom order?
The only realistic way I can see that this could happen would be for you to post directly what it is you are asking and what it is you are offering in exchange. Perhaps a DF collector of a large amount of CBS would be open to trade with you? Good Luck.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:34 pm

And even if they were boxed in smaller groupings straight from the factory the cost of the additional packaging would actually drive the net cost per piece up.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch