Hum-di-dum...Early June Resin Water Restock ???

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Re: Hum-di-dum...Early June Resin Water Restock ???

Post by AstroCat » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:55 pm

Image of current Dwarvenite and Resin lakes, the open water Dwarvenite is the oddest match. The room lights are causing odd glare/reflections in the photo, they look better matched in person and the blemishes on the resin are not visible, they are actually reflections.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:19 pm

astolat wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:36 pm
I was lucky enough to get one of the Lake Expansion sets! Now that I have replaced my sad delaminated whirlpool, I may experiment with the damaged one more aggressively.
Heck, offer the delamintated one for sale to Trogs. You'll get a decent price and somebody will have a whirlpool. Can't imagine needing two anyway.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

promind
Goblin
Goblin

Post by promind » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:31 am

Would love to know how many sets are left! Keep hoping for that email- starting to lose hope. Oh the pain of sinking into a resin whirlpool of despair. But, I don’t actually have a resin whirlpool to sink into, so I’m looking for some alternative... KS5 spiked floor trap?

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:34 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:30 pm
lostpict wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:15 pm
I am amazed how many auctions I have won for exactly my max bid on obscure items where one competitor incrementally bids up to my max and then backs off. It's like magic.

As someone who always puts in weird amounts for Max bid (43.87, 109.68 etc) i think often it has to do with people not going an entire bid increment over your top bid. If i bid 109.68 and someone else bids 110 - i win, because they did not exceed by the minimum bid increment. If someone bid $200 they would win with a selling price of 112.18 because 2.50 is the minimum bid increment at 100 dollars. It is a weird algorithm.

That is the beauty of snipping software. When a set comes up i am interested in, i go to my snipe software (i use EZsniper) and put in how much i want to pay for it. Then i stop thinking about it. A week later i get a "You did not win" email. On the rare occasion that something slips through the cracks and lands in my lap, i am happy, but for the most part i am bidding low to build a collection slowly over time. I try to never get invested in winning so i don't feel like i lose.

The heartbreak comes in when it is the thing you REALLY want and ration and budget and value get tossed out the window...
I usually bid 1.51 above my planned top bid for things in the $10 to $100 range and like you don't check back much. It generally works ;-)
Last edited by lostpict on Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

DWChancellor
Orc
Orc

Post by DWChancellor » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:51 pm

LastFighter wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:50 pm
hmm choices ...

open water resin set or lake expansion set ? i have 2 lake expansion sets and a river and walls set

any thoughts ? the clock is ticking ....
Open water for sure.

Some of us have none =)
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:39 pm

LastFighter wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:50 pm
hmm choices ...

open water resin set or lake expansion set ? i have 2 lake expansion sets and a river and walls set

Let an old guy get a first set. :D :? :(
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

LastFighter
Goblin
Goblin

Post by LastFighter » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:50 pm

hmm choices ...

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:36 pm

I was lucky enough to get one of the Lake Expansion sets! Now that I have replaced my sad delaminated whirlpool, I may experiment with the damaged one more aggressively.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:30 pm

lostpict wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:15 pm
I am amazed how many auctions I have won for exactly my max bid on obscure items where one competitor incrementally bids up to my max and then backs off. It's like magic.
As someone who always puts in weird amounts for Max bid (43.87, 109.68 etc) i think often it has to do with people not going an entire bid increment over your top bid. If i bid 109.68 and someone else bids 110 - i win, because they did not exceed by the minimum bid increment. If someone bid $200 they would win with a selling price of 112.18 because 2.50 is the minimum bid increment at 100 dollars. It is a weird algorithm.

That is the beauty of snipping software. When a set comes up i am interested in, i go to my snipe software (i use EZsniper) and put in how much i want to pay for it. Then i stop thinking about it. A week later i get a "You did not win" email. On the rare occasion that something slips through the cracks and lands in my lap, i am happy, but for the most part i am bidding low to build a collection slowly over time. I try to never get invested in winning so i don't feel like i lose.

The heartbreak comes in when it is the thing you REALLY want and ration and budget and value get tossed out the window...
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:41 am

Magniopi wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:57 am
DWChancellor wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:18 am
While I'm sure it is going very slowly per LSB's comment, equally I think forum posters are a small percentage of DF fanatics. Especially with all the new people coming in through KS and streams promoting it.
I'm very curious as to how many people registered for the lottery. Is it 75 people trying for 70 sets (or whatever the number was), or is it 500?
I would guess that a few hundred registered for the lottery. A good number of the frequent posters on the forums, and those few others who were interested. Folks who are active on the forums also were sure to see the notices about it in the first place. An occasional fan who only stops by every few months could have completely missed it while waiting for KSVI to ship next year.