Hum-di-dum...Early June Resin Water Restock ???

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Hum-di-dum...Early June Resin Water Restock ???

Post by dice4hire » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:08 pm

Luckily my oldest has moved out due to a transfer and my son lives next door so no need to sell anyone. I still have plenty of room for more DF. Less enthusiasm for more DF though, unfortunately. I am really getting enough of this stuff. Caverns would have been very small but for forests.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:29 pm

pacarat wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:15 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:56 pm
kitenerd wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:59 pm
Approaching???

I still have Castles in the original shipping box. DoD is in Really Useful Boxes on the family room floor. I keep throwing out clothes so i can stack more resin in my closet. If i dont get the (mythical pipe dream) game room built soon i’ll have to sell a child to make space in the house
I don't know how large your child is, but mine only takes up a couple boxes worth of DF. Selling children doesn't free up that much space.

Sell your kids' stuff instead, you'll have a lot more room.
My first thought too... but one of mine is grown, and with an empty basement he gets to store some the Lego now, giving me more room for DF and minis.

No, no, no, you don't get it, Kitenerd. You sell the kid and use the money to build a DwF game room in the back yard.

Oh. You really don't know the going price for a young child in Saudi, do you?

Believe me, the extra space is merely a bonus. Unfortunately mine grew up in the nick of time to miss the high price point, dammit.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:27 pm

Harneloot wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:20 pm
Been here for a long time...long before the forums website changed....back before the rabidfox was banned (the only ban ever I think?) and when the good Canadian Dudebird would post his builds and sometimes forget to remove his paraphernalia from the shoot :lol:

Anyway - the ONLY promotions I ever remember were the *bonus* promo times for ordering 3 sets of the upcoming new set release (e.g. PRE-Order 3 sets of Return of the Ancients and get a FREE painted promo 4-way intersection piece etc). It was somewhat hellish waiting for years between new releases and restocks....but....I sometimes pine for those old more calm days as opposed to the frantic & frenetic pace of the MASSIVE KS system that is now in place. I truly love all my many many Dwarven Forge sets of both materials, but I think I am getting fatigued by the pace these last 5 years. :?

Please, Granpa Harneloot, tell us the Rabidfox story? Pleeeeeze?

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:15 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:56 pm
kitenerd wrote:
Approaching???

I still have Castles in the original shipping box. DoD is in Really Useful Boxes on the family room floor. I keep throwing out clothes so i can stack more resin in my closet. If i dont get the (mythical pipe dream) game room built soon i’ll have to sell a child to make space in the house
I don't know how large your child is, but mine only takes up a couple boxes worth of DF. Selling children doesn't free up that much space.

My first thought too... but one of mine is grown, and with an empty basement he gets to store some the Lego now, giving me more room for DF and minis.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:56 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Approaching???

104 Resin and 205 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:59 pm

Approaching???

"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:19 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:06 am
Harneloot wrote:
but I think I am getting fatigued by the pace these last 5 years. :?
You and the DF crew it seems.

Lets hope we can get to a more sane and manageable place for everyone.
And some of us are beginning to approach the event horizon on storage issues. One reason I was more circumspect on my KSVI pledging and overage in the PM.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:06 am

Harneloot wrote:
but I think I am getting fatigued by the pace these last 5 years. :?
You and the DF crew it seems.

Lets hope we can get to a more sane and manageable place for everyone.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:04 am

+1 to that. I ain't a bunch of bunnies so only a measly human +1
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:20 pm

Been here for a long time...long before the forums website changed....back before the rabidfox was banned (the only ban ever I think?) and when the good Canadian Dudebird would post his builds and sometimes forget to remove his paraphernalia from the shoot :lol:

Anyway - the ONLY promotions I ever remember were the *bonus* promo times for ordering 3 sets of the upcoming new set release (e.g. PRE-Order 3 sets of Return of the Ancients and get a FREE painted promo 4-way intersection piece etc). It was somewhat hellish waiting for years between new releases and restocks....but....I sometimes pine for those old more calm days as opposed to the frantic & frenetic pace of the MASSIVE KS system that is now in place. I truly love all my many many Dwarven Forge sets of both materials, but I think I am getting fatigued by the pace these last 5 years. :?