Hum-di-dum...Early June Resin Water Restock ???

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Re: Hum-di-dum...Early June Resin Water Restock ???

Post by Magniopi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:57 am

DWChancellor wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:18 am
While I'm sure it is going very slowly per LSB's comment, equally I think forum posters are a small percentage of DF fanatics. Especially with all the new people coming in through KS and streams promoting it.
I'm very curious as to how many people registered for the lottery. Is it 75 people trying for 70 sets (or whatever the number was), or is it 500?

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:25 am

I know that if I got an offer, unless it had a real tight acceptance window, I might look at the remaining options a bit to decide which one best suited my needs. Not that long, but I have put off making ranking decisions until that time actually comes. If I never get an offer, no time wasted or hopes dashed. And no, so far I have not received a golden ticket.

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:18 am

While I'm sure it is going very slowly per LSB's comment, equally I think forum posters are a small percentage of DF fanatics. Especially with all the new people coming in through KS and streams promoting it.

Huzzah! Except the part where I haven't gotten a set =)

Guessing 4-6 people a day over dozens of sets to sell.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:26 am

Back to Water restock. I wonder how may have been sold. From post on the forums either not many have been sold so far or the people that have gotten them have not posted they where the lucky one or the lucky ones are not even active on the forums.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:15 pm

I am amazed how many auctions I have won for exactly my max bid on obscure items where one competitor incrementally bids up to my max and then backs off. It's like magic.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:56 pm

Definitely a case of auto-incrementing against bids. And probably self-bidding through a dummy account. Sad to see that going on. This is why I stay away from popular or hot bidding items. Too much shenanigans.

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:02 pm

And then it appears they did not pay as the item was relisted soon thereafter and sold for like $700. No risk to the perp cause they had zero feedbacks.

It also could be an attempt of some sort of funny business. Maybe the seller used a new account to put in a ridiculous bid because the item was not bid high enough. I don't think it's easy to stop an auction when there are bidders and there is little time left.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:12 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:21 pm
No. He bid increasing amounts over a relatively short time.

Its a common strategy. It makes very little sense to bid up during the runup to the final minutes. All that does is jack the price. I always wait until say -1m before bidding ends, submit, then immediately prep another bid signficicantly but not absurdly higher. If my -1m holds I don't submit, but if anyone tops it I immediately hit enter (correcting the amoung IFF there is time). The winner did something like this (look at the time stamps) but he kept raising his own bid without a response from anyone.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
Ebay doesn't let you bid over yourself. You bid a maximum bid and it auto-bids for you up to your maximum. For instance, if he had a max bid of $5,000, ebay would automatically bid for him to beat out a new bidder up until his max. Once bidding theoretically went over $5,000, ebay would no longer auto-bid for him to keep him in the lead. So it looks like he was in a bidding war with another bidder due to his max bid being so high.
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:21 pm

No. He bid increasing amounts over a relatively short time.

Its a common strategy. It makes very little sense to bid up during the runup to the final minutes. All that does is jack the price. I always wait until say -1m before bidding ends, submit, then immediately prep another bid signficicantly but not absurdly higher. If my -1m holds I don't submit, but if anyone tops it I immediately hit enter (correcting the amoung IFF there is time). The winner did something like this (look at the time stamps) but he kept raising his own bid without a response from anyone.

Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:36 am

GODofwar wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:12 am
BID HIMSELF

Totus KS Delenda Sunt
Wait... that's not how it works. It only shows him bidding because no-one else could top his bid-max.

Right?

Return to “Feedback on Latest Sets”