Hum-di-dum...Early June Resin Water Restock ???

Foxwander
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Hum-di-dum...Early June Resin Water Restock ???

Post by Foxwander » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:34 pm

Bramofski wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:14 pm
Foxwander wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:15 am
Hey everyone,
There isn't anything we can do to improve our standing in the lottery is there? Send our ebay history? Pictures of our meager collections like mine that has yet to have any resin water at all? :lol: :roll:

With these current reprints, does this mean that a factory that can do it at an effective quality and price has been found? Just with a very slow output? Or are these older stock sets that have just been uncovered?
Sorry, no way to game the system. :P It will be a submit-your-email and then random-choice thing. Though honestly, I wish we could include eBay history. Would much prefer these pieces go to users rather than sellers.

This is all just older stock that has been sent to us. It wasn't "uncovered". It just made more sense for us to have it all and get it into your hands than for it to sit somewhere.

We do have some miscellaneous resin water/lake/river tiles we'll be selling at Gen Con. These ARE uncovered pieces from incomplete and broken up sets. We have no way (as yet, researching options) to sell them individually on the site so we're taking a batch of them to Gen Con for resale. No idea yet on pricing but the pieces are a random collection of miscellaneous tiles from the various water-based resin sets. Only thing I do know is there are no whirlpool tiles since I looked through them all trying to find one for a customer who had one de-laminate on him.

madrigalian
Orc
Orc

Post by madrigalian » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:01 pm

I would certainly be in for any lottery. (This is me tagging this thread heheh)
My DF Galleries -
3dDelve - https://ello.co/3ddelve
Imgur - Thanks zazulu! - http://imgur.com/a/ppUeP/layout/horizontal#0

Bramofski
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Bramofski » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:14 pm

Foxwander wrote:
Hey everyone,
There isn't anything we can do to improve our standing in the lottery is there? Send our ebay history? Pictures of our meager collections like mine that has yet to have any resin water at all? :lol: :roll:

With these current reprints, does this mean that a factory that can do it at an effective quality and price has been found? Just with a very slow output? Or are these older stock sets that have just been uncovered?

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:27 am

Foxwander wrote:
Hey everyone,
Thank you so very much for a Staff response. I'm glad it's waiting now that the KS is on.
You could give us a bit of time to re-up our finances after the KS too, if you so desired. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Foxwander
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Foxwander » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:15 am

Hey everyone,
Just saw mention of this thread in the KS comments by GeekJeff. Thought I'd clear some stuff up.

Yes, the resin lake sets came in with the first load of KS5 stuff. They were part of what I inventoried while doing the first quality checks. Unfortunately, some of them got... misplaced (my fault actually) and it wasn't until my second trip that I could rediscover them and actually get them loaded in inventory.

The sets we have are MM-24 Cavernous River and Walls, MM-025 Cavernous Lake Set, MM-031 Cavernous Lake Expansion Set, and 025-CLW Open Water Tiles. We don't have very many of them and some of them are in the single digits (low single digits).

A lottery is exactly what we've been planning. We have an announcement page ready to go and an email for gathering names and then kickstarter-palooza hit us (too much shipping of the last one and prep for the new one) and there's just too much going on to deal with it right now. So it's been delayed until after the KS6. We really want to make sure these go to those who want to use them not just re-sell them on eBay. And we can't make sure we do things right until we have some breathing room to focus properly.

Why don't we just make more? As popular as these are, the main problem with them now is just getting them made. There are very few places that can do water resin of this quality anymore AND at a reasonable price. Believe me Jay has tried to find a place and he's had no luck.

I don't know if any of that is good news, but at least it's news. Sorry I haven't delved around in the forums enough to know this was here. But when we do get time to do the lottery I will make sure it's announced here so you all will know.

And finally, sorry for the non-delivery on the "June" restock date. As I said, part of that was my fault but it's also due to not getting many sets and then trying to find the right way to offer them to you.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:49 am

I am not putting myself in line for any resin sets. I'll stick to dwarvenite, thanks.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:46 am

dice4hire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:36 am
What a selfless bunch you all are. :twisted:
If DF did sell them all to me, I'd be happy to resell them to the many good people of the boards at no mark up whatsoever - especially dice4hire.

After first setting aside one or a dozen sets for my own needs, of course.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:43 am

GardenDM wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:34 am
Riley wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:22 am
Vegomatic wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:20 am
Lottery?

Give everyone who wants one a few days to enter their name... cull duplicates... and offer to buyers in order of names drawn. First drawn gets choice of set (if there is more than one). Keep going down the list til they are all gone. If someone doesn't one of what is left, then move on to the next name.

Seems like a fair way to do it. If it is truly a dozen sets... then it should only take a few days to do it.

Of course I think they should just sell them to me... My collection has nice big hole that they will fill nicely. :-) That's fair isn't it? ;-)
This. It would also provide a bit of data about demand for these sets.

Or you can just sell them all to William.
I agree with everything written above. Well said. :)
I can do that too... and damn yes, I'm greedy for watery resin... :twisted:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:36 am

What a selfless bunch you all are. :twisted:
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:34 am

Riley wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:22 am
Vegomatic wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:20 am
Lottery?

Give everyone who wants one a few days to enter their name... cull duplicates... and offer to buyers in order of names drawn. First drawn gets choice of set (if there is more than one). Keep going down the list til they are all gone. If someone doesn't one of what is left, then move on to the next name.

Seems like a fair way to do it. If it is truly a dozen sets... then it should only take a few days to do it.

Of course I think they should just sell them to me... My collection has nice big hole that they will fill nicely. :-) That's fair isn't it? ;-)
This. It would also provide a bit of data about demand for these sets.

Or you can just sell them all to GardenDM.
I agree with everything written above. Well said. :)