Hum-di-dum...Early June Resin Water Restock ???

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Hum-di-dum...Early June Resin Water Restock ???

Post by Harneloot » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:37 am

geekjeff wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:17 am
Hey, just a quick pop-in here to let everyone know that these have not gone on sale yet, you haven't missed them.

I don't know yet when or how they will - I believe Jay is exploring options on how to best go about it. There is a very limited number of sets, and unfortunately demand is going to exceed supply. DF prefers they go to collectors who will use and treasure them, instead of resellers who will immediately dump them on ebay with a 600% markup.

I'll ask the powers that be if we can at least give advance notice or a rough timeframe to forum dwellers before they get posted, if they're going to hit the webstore and not be sold some other way (lottery for purchase rights, etc.)
Hey geekjeff,

Can we get confirmation that it is just Lake Sets or both Lake & Lake Expansion sets that have come in?

Thanks.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:17 am

Hey, just a quick pop-in here to let everyone know that these have not gone on sale yet, you haven't missed them.

I don't know yet when or how they will - I believe Jay is exploring options on how to best go about it. There is a very limited number of sets, and unfortunately demand is going to exceed supply. DF prefers they go to collectors who will use and treasure them, instead of resellers who will immediately dump them on ebay with a 600% markup.

I'll ask the powers that be if we can at least give advance notice or a rough timeframe to forum dwellers before they get posted, if they're going to hit the webstore and not be sold some other way (lottery for purchase rights, etc.)

jasdotcom
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jasdotcom » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:24 am

The prospect of finally owning a Cavernous Lake Set, and now the possibility of missing them, has my anxiety through the roof!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:53 am

Bunnies are much better at multiplying.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:13 am

So we changed our home page to that for the cavernous lake set, which as of last night was '404 Page Not Found' rather than 'Sold Out' which had been previously.

So going with the re-organising theory.

If we are brutally honest, if it was sold out, it would almost be a relief. We are hoping for cavern lakes in KSVI and so would be easier and maybe cheaper to get. So if we could not buy the resin sets it may be a blessing in disguise leaving us more funds for KSVI.

But they might be terrain trays only in KSVI and this could be the last chance to get lake tiles.

Divide by Zero ....... aarrghhhhhhh!
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:03 pm

Painted KS1 sets have been on sale for a few weeks now (were they even ever totally sold out?) but the unpainted cavern set has remained sold out since I have been regularly checking, which began about 3 weeks ago or so. I think this whole thing was a web store reorganizationsl blip.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Me too. I saw the painted KSI set is ion sale again, there is a banner on the home page.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:47 pm

I've been checking all week and never saw it not 'Sold Out'. I can't believe they would just randomly open it up without any notification at all. I'll bet they have not put the sets up for sale yet and that blip was just web site maintenance before they get it ready to go. I sure hope that wasn't it. :?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:25 pm

If the stock was that limited I would have like to have seen DF auction them off themselves and they could have donated the profits to some charity for the arts or gaming for kids or something like that.

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:34 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:00 pm
Looked like there was no limit and it sold out in about a minute. I just missed out.
:-(
This was kinda ridiculous.

DF could sell quite a few of these, and even at twice the price they’d still be a lot less than the resale $$.

Perhaps maybe a preorder/reserve system might be in order?

I would really like to have 2 lake sets, and at least one river set.

Can I please give DF my money?

Return to “Feedback on Latest Sets”