Hum-di-dum...Early June Resin Water Restock ???

promind
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Hum-di-dum...Early June Resin Water Restock ???

Post by promind » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:25 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:15 pm
WOW - Promind, you are just gonna put that blowpipe in your avatar and rub it in all of our faces forever??? - nice, I'd probably do the same ;)
Whoah... it didn't look nearly as big on my phone as it does on my laptop. Maybe I can fit all 3 in my avatar. :twisted: You're right, you're right, probably bad form. He's just so cool though!
All i know is the quicker DF addresses this and dashes all of our hopes (at least all of us losers!) the quicker we can all stop obsessing over it.
If we can find out how many there are, we can set some more realistic expectations... I thought I heard pretty low quantities.

DWChancellor
Orc
Orc

Post by DWChancellor » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:20 pm

I like the idea of putting up at least one set for a charity raffle. We know there'd be more than a few buying 20 tickets.

Really really would like my own set though! And obviously forumites >> FB, because, uh, FB is evil?

So one day something may be put up somehow? Maybe only accounts more than 6 months old? Or only people with every KS banner... yes. That'd be good =)
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:30 pm

I want to add that I too would use any resin set that I got (eventually at least). Only a dire turn in finances would force me to sell.

With the KS6 pledge manager closing in a few weeks, I'm actually hoping we don't settle this resin water situation until December. Because if I won a lottery for the resin set, it would be coming from by budget for KS6.

Heck, since I just got a job, if we had 3 more months to finalize KS6 pledges, I would have ordered some of the resin restock right now (wanted woodlands, but perhaps RoA sets). Chances are those will all be gone by the time funds get saved again :(

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Yes valid point Kitenerd! For some reason I had in my mind turned these water sets into an auction ... forgetting its a "lottery" ... I've been reading too many posts!

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:24 pm

realarete wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:17 pm
I like the idea of a charity base underling these water sets auctions. A stamp on the boxes would be a good idea as well. On the Q&A I had asked the question about the Resin prototype/masters for KS6 ... Love resin, and an auction for those with a charity benefiting to some extent would be welcomed as well. Love charities, almost as much as Resin :D :D :D :D
It's funny - these i have no issue about auctioning... they are collectables and as such should fetch a great price for a good cause - lucky and generous folks will get 1 and display it - that is cool

the resin sets though are toys to play with and auctioning them just seems wrong - i mean even if you win when you are paying that much do you dare use them?!?!?
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:17 pm

I like the idea of a charity base underling these water sets auctions. A stamp on the boxes would be a good idea as well. On the Q&A I had asked the question about the Resin prototype/masters for KS6 ... Love resin, and an auction for those with a charity benefiting to some extent would be welcomed as well. Love charities, almost as much as Resin :D :D :D :D

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:14 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:15 pm
<snip>
i would totally buy raffle tickets for a charity raffle - if chances where $10 each - winning would only give you the chance to buy a set and all raffle proceeds could go to charity. Alternately winning would get you a set and DF would take the retail price out of proceeds and give the rest to charity
<snip>
This is an excellent proposal and I'm 100% in support of either version.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:15 pm

WOW - Promind, you are just gonna put that blowpipe in your avatar and rub it in all of our faces forever??? - nice, I'd probably do the same ;)

I doubt DF wants to play cop or ban people from the store... not in their best interest

I do like limiting the lottery to folks who post regularly to keep me from having my wife, son, neighbor, friend etc from entering and upping my chances. This is a slap in the face to facebook users (who cares right? i hate facebook). Being mature they could limit facebook entries to folks who "followed" the DF channel prior to a certain date (at least i think they could... not sure how facebook works)

i don't like the auction (as bad as eBay) even if it is for charity - most of us cannot justify $400 and up for a resin set

i would totally buy raffle tickets for a charity raffle - if chances where $10 each - winning would only give you the chance to buy a set and all raffle proceeds could go to charity. Alternately winning would get you a set and DF would take the retail price out of proceeds and give the rest to charity

All i know is the quicker DF addresses this and dashes all of our hopes (at least all of us losers!) the quicker we can all stop obsessing over it.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

promind
Goblin
Goblin

Post by promind » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:06 am

jazzman wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:36 am
DF could stamp the boxes with something like "Promotional Copy Number XXX - Not for Resale". DF would know who they shipped XXX to. Then if someone tries to sell for profit they can be banned from the DF store forever..... :twisted:
Good idea- and then just submit an annual photo with your DF forum name, date, and the set. :).

promind
Goblin
Goblin

Post by promind » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:03 am

jazzman wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:29 am
Another new in box Cavernous River and Walls set just popped up on eBay. Looks to be the same seller. Buyer backed out? Or do they have a stack of them to sell? Already at $300.
My suspicion is that it was the buyer backing out. That 4K bid was from a zero feedback buyer, so not totally sure what happened.