Catacombs 2

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Catacombs 2

Post by GardenDM » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Harneloot wrote:
ebrandeis wrote:When there's a limited edition set listed in the shop (e.g. 1500 sets total) and the current quantity is down to say 12, does that mean that there are 12/1500 left or 12 of current production batch (e.g. 12/250)? If it's the second, do we have a way of finding out how many are left in the LE production run (e.g. 12/250 and 769/1500)?
The latter - From the very first LE set (DOE Room & Passage) DF has never (to my knowledge) ordered the entire print run all together and I do not know of any way to tell where exactly they are in the print run. I can tell you that the only LE set to ever 100% sell out of all 1500 sets is the aforementioned DOE R&P set. The next set most likely to sell out IMHO is the DOE Wicked Editions set as it has been around the longest of the remaining LE sets.
Thank you, this is very helpful!

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:09 pm

ebrandeis wrote:When there's a limited edition set listed in the shop (e.g. 1500 sets total) and the current quantity is down to say 12, does that mean that there are 12/1500 left or 12 of current production batch (e.g. 12/250)? If it's the second, do we have a way of finding out how many are left in the LE production run (e.g. 12/250 and 769/1500)?
The latter - From the very first LE set (DOE Room & Passage) DF has never (to my knowledge) ordered the entire print run all together and I do not know of any way to tell where exactly they are in the print run. I can tell you that the only LE set to ever 100% sell out of all 1500 sets is the aforementioned DOE R&P set. The next set most likely to sell out IMHO is the DOE Wicked Editions set as it has been around the longest of the remaining LE sets.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:04 pm

I have a question for the more experienced folks here.

When there's a limited edition set listed in the shop (e.g. 1500 sets total) and the current quantity is down to say 12, does that mean that there are 12/1500 left or 12 of current production batch (e.g. 12/250)? If it's the second, do we have a way of finding out how many are left in the LE production run (e.g. 12/250 and 769/1500)?

Basically, I want to know if I should be panicking about seeing some low inventory (or out of stock) on some of the LE sets I'm interested in...

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:16 am

Mydienon wrote:
Vegomatic wrote:QUESTION: Since this is a limited edition set, shouldn't it have a certificate and be numbered or something? I did not see anything in the box that indicated such. Just the usual insert and the styrofoam and the pieces...
A couple of the limited edition sets I ordered last year didn't include the certificate. I e-mailed DF and Suzy had them sent out to me right away.
My Woodlands sets had them, but none of my ROTA did.

Mydienon
Orc
Orc

Post by Mydienon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:08 am

Vegomatic wrote:QUESTION: Since this is a limited edition set, shouldn't it have a certificate and be numbered or something? I did not see anything in the box that indicated such. Just the usual insert and the styrofoam and the pieces...
A couple of the limited edition sets I ordered last year didn't include the certificate. I e-mailed DF and Suzy had them sent out to me right away.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:49 am

I came home tonight and saw a big box on the front porch! I thought KS3!!! Woot! 8-)
I got to the box and it was smaller than I thought. the way it was sitting made it look bigger. :(
Then I saw it was from DF... my RoTA set!!!! Woot! :!: It arrived today! Happy birthday a month early! :D
But I was only allowed to open the box to verify content and then had to put it up so she can wrap it for me to open on my birthday. :(
<sigh>

QUESTION: Since this is a limited edition set, shouldn't it have a certificate and be numbered or something? I did not see anything in the box that indicated such. Just the usual insert and the styrofoam and the pieces...

The pieces looked really nice... I SO wanted to get them all out and set them up

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:38 pm

Congrats on the purchase.
I was working on my wife, but had just bought those Catacombs. :mrgreen:
Thanks, design was my vocation for 30+ years. I do wish they would make an expert builder set for the Catacombs with some 1" wide floors and walls to really get wild.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

madrigalian
Orc
Orc

Post by madrigalian » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:26 pm

I think I just picked up the last 2 available RotA1 sets. I was holding out for as long as I could but when I checked a few minutes ago and there were only two left I had to pull the trigger. I also picked up one of the RotA2 sets. I think there are enough of those left to wait and see if I want a second one. I probably would have been willing to wait for the next re-release of these but the "Limited to 1500" sets makes me think there may not be one. Don't want to risk it. But boy, once they started running low, they really started moving fast.

On another note, William those are some great layouts with Catacombs. You have a good eye for design. Really like the pics.
My DF Galleries -
3dDelve - https://ello.co/3ddelve
Imgur - Thanks zazulu! - http://imgur.com/a/ppUeP/layout/horizontal#0

Alarian
Orc
Orc

Post by Alarian » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:00 pm

I was watching that ebay sale as well. I really wanted the entrance. I would have bid on it, but I had just convinced my wife to let me purchase 4 alex's from Ikea a few days earlier in anticipation of my KS 3 stuff coming in. There was no way I was going to get approval for the Ebay sale especially when KS 4 is around the corner. Good luck to the lucky winner, I'm jealous.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:11 am

Thanks for the pictures - several neat, novel and new building ideas in there I may steal when I finally start using my Catacomb sets! They really are beautiful!