ROTA I & Cat I Sold Out?

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: ROTA I & Cat I Sold Out?

Post by unclebilly » Wed May 15, 2019 2:28 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to get a Woodlands and a ROTA also got a ROTA II while I was at it.

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Wed May 15, 2019 2:01 pm

And Catacombs 1 and Woodlands!

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Wed May 15, 2019 10:15 am

Some ROTA 1 sets are in the store now. Probably only a small number.
Pontifex Maximus of Valoria
320 Dwarvenite/140 Resin

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:11 pm

So disappointed that I didn't notice that this is the final printing of RoTA. I always wanted that, and it's expensive at DF store prices. I can't justify paying Ebay prices. Plus it seems pretty obvious that some of whoever bought the last sets turned around to sell them on Ebay for a profit.

I hate limited edition for a product that gets use and isn't purely decorative or "art". But I guess DF must honor the promise that these sets are LE. Since the Kickstarters there are so many more fans of DF than before and some of them want resin too. So those arbitrary limits of 1500 may have been fine years ago, but judging by Ebay prices those were definitely too low to satisfy current demand. All you guys with large collections of resin are very lucky to have had the resources and knowledge of DF at the right time to get those.

And Catacombs 2 sold out already too?!? I've been planning on buying that for years, and finally have money in the last couple months. Was going to order one set any week now, only to see they are gone. At least it sounds like that will be reprinted at some point. Though I'll probably have to wait at least a year.

The hardest part of buying DF is playing the guessing game of what might go out of stock (possibly permanently) while weighing how much I have to spend, plus consider what I can use in the near future to fill a need or local in whatever game I'm running.

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:07 pm

Weltenlaeufer wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:18 pm
The set I got has bow ties, which I think are really cool! :)
I generally hate the bow ties- but with the Cavern Passages, the pieces are so big that the few bow tie slots don’t bother me at all.

Weltenlaeufer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Riley wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 am
Weltenlaeufer wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:19 am
AstroCat wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:55 am
Usually the only way to get them is very high ebay pricing.
The eBay price for the core MasterMaze Caverns does not look that bad when compared to the prices for Caverns Deep.

I bought resin caverns last summer at about $160 per set. Ignoring the bits, that set contains 16 4”x4” cavern pieces- but as far as actual table coverage, each of those pieces is equivalent to 4 Caverns Deep floor or wall pieces, or about $2.50 per piece- which I think may actually be lower than the per-piece cost of CD.

The biggest problem with buying resin caverns is that so very few sets come up for sale. Especially if you want bowtie-less sets.
When I first found DF caverns it was the resin caverns and I was so bummed out when I wanted to buy them and they didnt sell these anyore. I looked up the KS2 caverns and I started to like them but I still thought the resin cavern was what I really wanted. They looked so nice, big and chunky.

Last week I finally got my first master maze cavernous passage set and I am literally BLOWN away! It is my first DF set. I expected a lot from Dwarven Forge but this??!! :shock: :shock:

I am hooked, already thinking about buying more resin caverns as soon as I can. I love the heavyness of the resin, the amazing detail, the felt underneath...everything! Its a piece of art. I also look forward to the deep caverns because they will expand on the resin caverns and they will look amazing together I have a feeling.

The set I got has bow ties, which I think are really cool! :)

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 am

Weltenlaeufer wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:19 am
AstroCat wrote:
Usually the only way to get them is very high ebay pricing.
The eBay price for the core MasterMaze Caverns does not look that bad when compared to the prices for Caverns Deep.

I bought resin caverns last summer at about $160 per set. Ignoring the bits, that set contains 16 4”x4” cavern pieces- but as far as actual table coverage, each of those pieces is equivalent to 4 Caverns Deep floor or wall pieces, or about $2.50 per piece- which I think may actually be lower than the per-piece cost of CD.

The biggest problem with buying resin caverns is that so very few sets come up for sale. Especially if you want bowtie-less sets.

Weltenlaeufer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:19 am

AstroCat wrote:
Yeah there seems to be consistent demand for the "classic" resin sets. Usually the only way to get them is very high ebay pricing. It would seem to make sense to explore re-releasing these sets. But maybe all the tooling is gone or something. Not sure, the "behind the scenes" production issues.
Damn I would be so happy if the cavern master maze resin sets would be rereleased again one day soon! That would EPIC! Lake set, river set, chasms, passages, everything.....maybe they ll do it as a run for all the resin lovers when the Deep Caverns are released....would fit the theme!!......I am dreaming.....and drooling... :mrgreen:

scott102303
Orc
Orc

Post by scott102303 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:16 pm

As a new backer, I am sticking with Dwarvenite for its durability/ease-of-storage. I'd definitely be interested in the old resin sets in Dwarvenite, but will likely steer clear of them in resin. I particularly would like a catacomb set or four.

Tyrant
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Tyrant » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:14 pm

John D wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:52 am
{the following should fall under the "Armchair QB/Easy-for-you-to say, John" heading}

I think that DF should consider KS-ing some of their more popular Resin lines in Dwarvenite. Not today, ..but someday. I'm thinking Catacombs, ROTA, and DoE, in straight up Dwarvenite conversions. They could be simple KS's along the lines of KS1/KS2, with maybe a few new chase pieces (like Entrances, for example).

Currently, I think the Creative team is in overdrive and at the top of their game, and the idea of straight up conversions wouldn't be utilizing their skills to the fullest - but one day, if they ever needed a year to catch their collective breath, I think re-introducing their more popular Resin sets to the Dwarvenite masses could be a nice windfall for all.

that's maybe 3 cents. ;)
The only one of those that I have any of is the Den of Evil (missing 1 set that I assume is sold out for good) and I would love to see that show up in Dwarvenite (along with the others). The resin is great but the Dwarvenite is cheaper and easier to move. I don't care at all about the limited availability (or at least not in a positive way) of the DoE sets. I won't feel like I was cheated if they are rereleased in Dwarvenite. I would honestly like to see a number of the resin Cavern pieces be converted as well.

Return to “Fantasy Master Maze products”