Dwarvenite pieces we'd like to see

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Re: Dwarvenite pieces we'd like to see

Post by jazzman » Fri May 10, 2019 3:41 pm

Actually I think the KS6 wall insert pieces are the right height for free standing straight walls. The Trifecta pieces are taller.

DF should offer a set of the KS2 curved free standing walls, an assortment of wall inserts, stalagmites, rocks and a cavern floor terrain tray. I think it would make a great cavern build set.

Then they could produce magnetic mine tracks to stick to the tray. Maybe made from the stuff you stick on your fridge for an advertisement.

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Fri May 10, 2019 10:06 am

I think you can make all the pieces mentioned with a bandsaw and a little green stuff.

promind
Goblin
Goblin

Post by promind » Fri May 10, 2019 9:50 am

KS6 will also have some outside standing walls with metal tabs.

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Thu May 09, 2019 5:42 pm

The Trifect pieces from Caverns Deep are also basically freestanding straight walls.

Tyrant
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Tyrant » Thu May 09, 2019 5:36 pm

I had a similar thread here a little while ago where I mentioned a desire for the freestanding cavern walls as well. A lot of the rest was wanting other bits in the same paint scheme as the Lava from KSII which might be a moot point now with KS 6.66.

weaverjk
Orc
Orc

Post by weaverjk » Thu May 09, 2019 3:04 pm

I would not have called it a pizza wedge as, to me, that does not imply a wall.
The map maker calls it a 45 degree wall. I think, however, we are talking the same thing.

I thought I had some free-standing straight and curved cavernous walls. Then again, I know I had them with the resin sets and then I had to sell all of my resin sets. I'll have to check my stash when I get home. I should have quite a few of the curved and straight stand-alone cavernous walls if they were in KS2.
When I look at the DF Shop, however, only Curved freestanding Cavernous Walls are available. I don't see any straight freestanding cavernous walls in the shop, not even in sets.
So... I was thinking of a list of pieces that don't exist (for purchase on the shop) today.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu May 09, 2019 2:49 pm

weaverjk wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:27 pm
After fiddling with the Map Maker for a short bit, I found myself wanting a few Dwarvenite pieces that don't exist today.
- a 2x2 floor piece that has a cut-out for the 45-degree angle wall. (think the floor piece for the curved half floor, or the floor piece for the diagonal wall)
- freestanding cavernous straight walls
- 1/4 floor and wall pieces (think Advanced Builder sets)
- 3/4 floor and wall pieces (same as above, but 3/4 the size of a regular 2x2 tile
- curved passages (may need three main styles: wall edges are straight, right side has beveled wall edges at the end, left side has beveled wall edges at the end)

Okay... that's just a few to get the ball rolling.

Anyone else?
For the first one, are you meaning the pizza wedge piece?

Cavernous straight walls were in the KS2 stretch goals.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

weaverjk
Orc
Orc

Dwarvenite pieces we'd like to see

Post by weaverjk » Thu May 09, 2019 2:27 pm

After fiddling with the Map Maker for a short bit, I found myself wanting a few Dwarvenite pieces that don't exist today.
- a 2x2 floor piece that has a cut-out for the 45-degree angle wall. (think the floor piece for the curved half floor, or the floor piece for the diagonal wall)
- freestanding cavernous straight walls
- 1/4 floor and wall pieces (think Advanced Builder sets)
- 3/4 floor and wall pieces (same as above, but 3/4 the size of a regular 2x2 tile
- curved passages (may need three main styles: wall edges are straight, right side has beveled wall edges at the end, left side has beveled wall edges at the end)

Okay... that's just a few to get the ball rolling.

Anyone else?

Return to “Fantasy Master Maze products”