Resin Cavern Lake Set

AlphaPaladin
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Resin Cavern Lake Set

Post by AlphaPaladin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:10 am

Got my river and lake expansion. Didn't see a whole lot of value in the basic lake set since I have a lot of the dwarvenite water tiles and the lake pieces don't have walls.

Tenbears
Orc
Orc

Post by Tenbears » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:09 am

Had no idea that I would ever have a shot to get these through the store and no way was I paying 700 a set on eBay. That being said I picked 2 lake sets, 2 river sets, and 1 lake expansion set. Wife not overly happy but they look great!

Tenbears

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Post by Archimagus » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:02 am

Thought about it but already had plenty to passed so that others can finally get some of the water sets.

Khail
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Khail » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:01 am

As someone that only owns a little resin (all catacomb sets), waking up and seeing the email about resin lake sets had me in a bit of a state of shock. I've played with a friend's resin sets back 20 years or so ago and the lake sets were what initially had me drooling over Dwarven Forge. I really can't afford it right now, but I also can't pass up adding those gorgeous pieces to my collection. I picked up one of each of the 3 sets.

Now - since I've been waiting for CD to deliver before I start painting my caverns - I have a boatload of unpainted dwarvenite I need to try to match to the resin paint scheme... anyone had any luck with this?

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:55 am

Yeah I did it in 3 orders (shipping total around $40) because of the fear of sell out! 2 rivers I'll keep for sure, to go with my other 1 partial river set I own (no bridge, dead end water, or little bits). But the 2 normal waters I don't really need so I'll probably sell those to pay for the Rivers. Bummer on shipping, I asked to combine.

Papa_Stevie
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Papa_Stevie » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:52 am

Riley wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:48 am
I’m already maybe regretting my lake purchase
The demand is high, unless they announce that KS7 is going to have some new sexy 3D water tiles, you'll have no problem finding a home for them. Though, I do believe that the Rivers is the most valuable out of the three

Papa_Stevie
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Papa_Stevie » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:50 am

This was a pretty great surprise to wake up to! Finally got a resin water collection!

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:48 am

I’m already maybe regretting my lake purchase (but not the rivers!).

Assuming this sells out quickly, if someone wants a single new or used lake set, drop me a PM.

EDIT: I think I'll probably be parting with some used sets, and upgrade to new for myself.
Last edited by Riley on Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:48 am

Bah, went back and picked up another set. I hate that I’m going to be charged for shipping separately now for two different orders, but I understand why they can’t combine separate orders anymore as the warehouse is separate.

Lol. I should have taken my time, but I was afraid they would sell out while still in my cart!

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:43 am

Yeah I got 2 Rivers and 2 normal waters. I will keep Rivers for sure and maybe sell water sets, gotta take inventory. I actually have plenty of the expansion pieces already.

Return to “Fantasy Master Maze products”