There's a new DF fan in town....

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re:There's a new DF fan in town....

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Wed May 22, 2013 11:42 pm

I'm so happy for you Lawrence! It's the next generation of Gamers! And we are spoiling them!

monkplayer
Ogre
Ogre

Post by monkplayer » Mon May 20, 2013 3:50 pm

how very very cool!
"Keep the Dice Rollin"

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon May 20, 2013 2:32 pm

That's awesome Law! I can;t wait for my own son to get old enough to have the same reaction!

gamerrev
Goblin
Goblin

Post by gamerrev » Mon May 20, 2013 11:04 am

Kickstarter: $$$$$
Bringing up a new gamer: priceless!

TexasStu
Orc
Orc

Post by TexasStu » Mon May 20, 2013 10:00 am

That is so very cool!
And unless he jumps on them I doubt he'll harm the Dwarvenite line.
:-D

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

There's a new DF fan in town....

Post by Law » Mon May 20, 2013 9:02 am

So my son, who recently turned five, saw some of my DF pieces out the other day, and said, breathlessly, "It's a little maze!" He's been doing the little mazes on the backs of cereal boxes and in childrens' activity books lately, he loves mazes. When he saw some basic dungeon pieces lined up next to each other, he just lit up. I told him "You know what those are called? 'MASTER MAZE'!" He was delighted, both to have a chance to play with them and by the fact that he correctly identified what they were.

So I took some of my basic room pieces and we laid them out on a table and I let him put them together however he wanted. He made a nice little maze and explained "there are two entrances, and this one has two lanes, and this is the exit, and this is the fire exit, in case there's trouble or a fire."

Then I showed him a minotaur (Reaper's Legendary Encounters one) and put it in the maze and he had his finger run around the maze trying to escape the monster.

:)

It was generally awesome.

Now I have another reason to be excited about the kickstarter, too. My son likes to play with his toys roughly sometimes, and so we made it clear that he can only play with the DF pieces while I'm supervising. If I gave him free access, he'd test the limits of their durability. BUT I figure, with all the extras I'll be getting in the kickstarter, I can probably spare a few for his toybox. They should hold up to the way he plays and how they'll be stored as his toys (instead of how daddy's toys are stored).

So -- yeah, I guess the point is, now I'm looking forward to the KS even more!

Return to “Fantasy Master Maze products”