An idea for another line...

Teulisch
Orc
Orc

Re:An idea for another line...

Post by Teulisch » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:17 pm

a mineshaft set sounds like a wonderful idea. you could do a 'room and passage' type build, perhaps with ore veins or even gems.
25 resin sets, 5 KS1 sets, 5 KS2 sets, KS3 Village/Sewer/Streets

shadbelly
Orc
Orc

Post by shadbelly » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:12 pm

I like! I would probably be in for 3 or so as well.

monkplayer
Ogre
Ogre

Post by monkplayer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Stefan
I would buy at least 3-5 sets of this earthen type set. Especially since it sounds like it would have a conversion piece. I can already think of many neat encounters with this type of set.
"Keep the Dice Rollin"

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:43 pm

yes, I like it....design were drawn many years ago...one of those things among dozens gathering dust on the shelf....maybe now we can do many of these projects as we have a larger audience:)

shoesan1
Orc
Orc

An idea for another line...

Post by shoesan1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:27 pm

I would like to see DF make a set (or series of sets) based around a crude, dug-out themed "lair". It would have the same construction principles as the classic dungeon line (2x2 floors, walls, corners, etc) but instead of the "stone wall/floor" feel, they would resemble a cruder lair... like a "dug_out" look with mud walls/floors. They would be useful for building things like a giant ant colony, or a kobold mine, or a lizardman lair... etc. The classic stone look is awesome, and totally useful... but something like lizardmen would live in a more "earthy" abode. You could even make a conversion piece for a "tunnel" complex that was dug out from a classic stone dungeon. Maybe an escape tunnel that was dug out of a dungeon/prison?

Actually, such a set might be a prime candidate for another dwarvenite kickstarter project. I wouldn't anticpate too many molds being necessary for such a set, and the paint scheme should be pretty easy... mud/earth.
Shoe