Help me decide on my next purchase!

galahad
Orc
Orc

Re:Help me decide on my next purchase!

Post by galahad » Sat May 25, 2013 2:20 am

My large trade arrived today. Everything was in good condition or easily repaired except for 2 potraculis doors. DF is tough.

Any suggestions on replacements?

My first order of den of evil also arrived. Awesome peices.

So 22/30 sets are here - still need the DoE rooms/passages and hellscape kits to arrive in order to be able to build the plan but i am getting close...
Pontifex Maximus of Valoria
320 Dwarvenite/140 Resin

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Sat May 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Happy birthday to me!

1 each of hellscapes, hellscapes expansion, and my first ice caverns (its the only caverns available) plus 4 hellscape plumes and another pair of the hellscape corridor conversions to DoE and caverns.

And a pack of ancient treasures from my daughter...

I am now finished until a restock happens...

Good thing, my wallet needs time to replenish
320 Dwarvenite/140 Resin

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Sun May 12, 2013 3:36 am

Thanks Stefan. I recall meeting you at Gencon in '96 when you were just introducing the system. The system was the talk of the Middle-earth Role Players whom I had the priviledge to GM. I had neither the room nor the resources back then to buy into the system as I wished. Fortune has smiled on both of us since. I look forward to the hunt for both the available as well as the scarcer releases.

Thanks for doing the kickstarter. That's what brought me into the fold. The forums and the friendly denizens therein, however, are what have encouraged me to truly invest. It's a very welcoming community.
320 Dwarvenite/140 Resin

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Sun May 12, 2013 2:39 am

welcome to the forums Galahad!

I remember back 17 years ago when all there was was the room and passage set and the room set....so if it takes you only 2 years you are getting it faster than most of the old timers here that had to wait 17 years collecting 1 or 2 a year as I sculpted them:)

personally I like the Cavern Sets with the Rivers and Lakes added...we will revisit that some time soon in one form or another...

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Sun May 12, 2013 1:24 am

I just did a very preliminary wishlist, over 20 sets - including only kits that are not out of production.

Rivers/ lakes
Additional caverns
Icecaverns * 2
Catacombs * 3
Wa3 * 3

Another set or 2 of hellscapes 1 & 2
Woodlands * 2

And at least 3 sets of mbs maybe there will be a kickstarter on those... (Right after I buy some...)

Thats going to take 18 months - 2 years, just to catch up. And i still have to resolve the portable storage issues.

Someting to work on...
320 Dwarvenite/140 Resin

Kronos
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kronos » Sat May 11, 2013 4:12 pm

This never really ends, does it?

No, it never does. Welcome to the addiction! Just lean back and enjoy. :)

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Sat May 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Nope, it certainly doesn't!!!

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Sat May 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Harneloot wrote:

Very nice choice!

Not sure if you have any of the base cavern sets, but the River & Lake sets only really shine if you have the two basic cavern sets to create around them (which I am sure you know!). One of my all time favorite pieces - the free standing cavern walls - comes from the River set. Cavern line is my favorite, and the free standing wall has such incredible utility! DF once had some free standing walls for sale as individual pieces and I gobble up several!

I am finalizing a trade for about $2k of df kits, inculdung 2 caverns and a set of caverous passages. It will cost me the better part of 2 warhammer armies but DF is harder to aquire.

Thus my focus on the extranious limited and river/lakes kits. That and i really love the den of evil pedistal and the whirlpool - need whirlpools, need chasm kit...

This never really ends, does it?
320 Dwarvenite/140 Resin

shoesan1
Orc
Orc

Post by shoesan1 » Sat May 11, 2013 2:59 pm

galahad wrote:

Thanks, shoesan1

You're welcome... And welcome to the addiction,
Shoe

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Sat May 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Very nice choice!

Not sure if you have any of the base cavern sets, but the River & Lake sets only really shine if you have the two basic cavern sets to create around them (which I am sure you know!). One of my all time favorite pieces - the free standing cavern walls - comes from the River set. Cavern line is my favorite, and the free standing wall has such incredible utility! DF once had some free standing walls for sale as individual pieces and I gobble up several!

One good thing about Gen Con - they almost (almost!) always have just about every in print set for sale there! (and you usually get a sneak peek uf upcoming new stuff!)

Return to “Fantasy Master Maze products”