Help me decide on my next purchase!

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Re:Help me decide on my next purchase!

Post by nielsene » Sat May 11, 2013 11:35 am

Shoot I was hoping to pick up a third DoE:WA once I head back from Jeff/Setfan about a question I had with my first two sets. Guess I'll need to wait til the restock (if there is one).

Very jealous that you were able to trade for some DoE:R&P sets!

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sat May 11, 2013 10:38 am

Optimizing your DF purchases isn't annoying.

Bogarting the last DoE WA Set, on the other hand...
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Sat May 11, 2013 10:17 am

Made the purchase. Yay.

Timely purchase as Den of Evil wicked addition immediately went out of stock.

Thanks, shoesan1

Hopefully rivers and lakes will restock in time for gencon.

Learning the intracacies of DF rarity/scarcity takes some doing. This forum is invaluable in that process.

Hopefully i haven't annoyed too many people as i learn.
Pontifex Maximus of Valoria
301 Dwarvenite/132 Resin

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Sat May 11, 2013 9:43 am

I am one of the people kickstarter has brought into the system.

I can buy about 250 - 500 /month. I do have an extensive collection of GW armies that I am trading for basic set (and even a few oop sets) but rivers and lakes as well as MBS do not appear to be easily acccessed via trade. Therefore both sets are just behind the limited sets for purchase (and any trades will be joyfully accepted as fortunate bonuses).

I think its a case of the bird in the hand ( the avail limited sets) vs two in the bush (3 rivers and lakes plus an additional set or two of ice caverns w any surplus bday $ that comes my way).

Shipping fees on $500 are equal to the cost of a set. Thas why waiting until gencon for the next purchase has benefits.

Den of evil and hellscapes it is then. Thank you.
301 Dwarvenite/132 Resin

shoesan1
Orc
Orc

Post by shoesan1 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:14 am

Argh... Decisions.... Picking between those is like trying to pick your favorite child... you can't!

I think the Rivers and Lakes is my favorite. At least I think. It's breathtaking.

The Hellscape stuff is amazing. You have to get those add on pieces too though if you go that route. The gate (oh... The gate!), the spires, and the conversions... Stunning!

What a tough choice. I think the success of the KS will get everything back in stock, and hopefully put DF in a position where everything is always in stock (except for limited items that have actually sold through their complete run). If that is the case, then I would have to lean toward buying the limited stuff now. The KS has brought many new fans into the mix, so who knows what the new rate of sales regarding the limited stuff will be. But I don't see how it doesn't increase.

Case in point, I am still real bummed I missed out on the Realm of the Ancients Ruined Entrance piece. It just came out at a time I was building a house and just couldn't afford to buy DF. Not that I couldn't afford the $29 price tag, but all the RotA was new, and I was looking at at least $500 for my order. In retrospect, I should have totally bought the Ruined Entrance piece, even if it was the only thing I bought in that order.

If you really like a set that is "limited", and its available now, I think you gotta go that route.

It pains me to advise against lakes and rivers, but I guess that is what I am doing.
Shoe

galahad
Orc
Orc

Help me decide on my next purchase!

Post by galahad » Sat May 11, 2013 12:07 am

Hifolks, i need some advice.

I am trying to decide what to buy myself for my birthday in 2 weeks.

Its either:

A. 1. Each of the cavern lake sets (base, expansion and the river plates) plus maybe an accessories pack to get to $500

Or.

B. 1 each of the hellscape sets and another DoE wicked set ( i love the raised platform) and a few addons for the lava stuff.

The question is utility (cavern lakes) vs scarcity.

If i get the lakes first the hellscape and the DoE might be gone. On the other hand the lakes might take months to restock.

The next $500 purchase will come at gencon...

Opinions?

Thanks for your input.
301 Dwarvenite/132 Resin

Return to “Fantasy Master Maze products”