Catacombs Expansion Set

dandare
Ogre
Ogre

Re:Catacombs Expansion Set

Post by dandare » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:11 pm

Like several others:
A Door / Entrance. Stairs / Spiral etc.. A way to integrate this set to others and 'Getting IN' seems to have been rather overlooked!!
So that you can use this both as a 'Under ground' enter down a big wide stairs (they had to carry in the dead bodies after all!)
or
Walk in from a 'Graveyard' type level (for a smaller mausoleum type idea.

All the other ideas about narrow corridors etc I like.

Regarding 'Dressing Bits' - If the idea is an integrated one - into the wall / floor etc - then fine. Then it is special and has to be a DF item. (IE 'Bookcase that is actually a secret door etc)
Otherwise...
TBH - Many many many companies make coffins and bones and skeletons. Do we need more ??

I wouldn't waste DF's design time in these so much. Better that DF makes the rooms and buildings that we are still all crying out for and we get to dress them with what is already out there...

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:12 am

A 4" wall (with standard floor and base) with skeletons or skulls in the first and fourth inches, and a small wall altar or icon in the center.

Better yet, a 4" arch piece with skeletons or skulls on either side of the arch, and an insert for the arch that is a good altar/icon on one side and an evil altar/icon on the other side.

This is a 4" piece that can be used three different ways. Four ways, if you decide that the altar insert is also a secret/concealed door...
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

David Wasilewski
Orc
Orc

Post by David Wasilewski » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:43 am

How about a Catacombs walls set, with a load of short and long straights, short and long curved walls and some L shaped wall sections. There might be a couple of special pieces like double sized archways/doors piece and a double size (2 by 2) pillar piece?

The advantage of a set like this is that it, as well as appealing to people who will already own the original catacombs set, it would appeal to people who just want to use a chessex mat or grid mat and can put these pieces down to make it more 3D?

A kind of "DF Lite" option for people who don't want lots of floor pieces (because of cost, storage or set out time speed issues)

Dave

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:26 am

Yet another good argument for miniatures of one character in multiple poses, and a good Empty Alcove piece in a Catacombs Expansion.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Yukon Cornelius
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Yukon Cornelius » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:14 pm

One of the things that struck me most about churches in England was the grave markers that were built into the floors. So I'd love to see some floors that are inlaid with markers, symbols, imagery, and so on. But keep them flush, so they play the same way as regular floors. Could add a lot of variety to the rooms.

Oh, that and statuary. I'm amazed there's not more statuary in the DF line. My dream piece is a statue that's inset into a wall, with a corresponding miniature for when the statue turns out to be a golem, along with a replacement piece that shows the indentation in the wall that it emerged from. I can dream...

jgardner44
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jgardner44 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:02 am

In a future mini figure release, I'd love to have a set of corpses for adventures that have died in the dungeons.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:41 pm

I just got five Dungeon Crawler coffins. They are mounted on a base to stand up (lean against a wall), but it looks like it should be pretty easy to take them off the base to lie flat. I want to scatter them around my catacombs, or stack them up.

Which is my idea for an expansion piece. A stack of wooden coffins, no base. Fits in perfectly with the catacombs theme, but can also be used in any other DF (or non-DF) line.

Useful as a spawn point for undead and other nasties, a place to look for treasure, a variety of traps, or a barrier.

crioux
Orc
Orc

Post by crioux » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:48 am

Skeletons bits and pieces!

JohnS
Kobold
Kobold

Post by JohnS » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:51 pm

What about an above ground cemetery with a stair piece or ladder that leads down into the catacombs from one of the graves? Sort of reflecting on what JGARDNER posted.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:15 pm

A curved passage, and a curved staircase that fits in the curved passage or stands alone (in catacombs or any other set).

Return to “Fantasy Master Maze products”