Dwarven Forge DF fans wish lists for future sets

Null
Orc
Orc

Re:Dwarven Forge DF fans wish lists for future sets

Post by Null » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:58 pm

I've mentioned this in other threads, but I'd really like to see new resin sets specifically designed to complement the Dwarvenite line - pieces to help distinguish areas of a dungeon. Almost the same idea as adding accessories. Time to throw around some specific ideas, maybe?

Exquisitely detailed 6x6" floors with unique patterns.More 4x4" fantasy floor sets to use as centerpieces.A modular bookshelf system.Column sets of every style imaginable.A Rubble Set to complement the Ruins Set.More dungeon dressing, especially furniture.A series of Limited Edition Throne Room Sets. Human, Dwarven, Elven... or at least an arrangement that passes for multiple cultures.Color-themed dungeon dressing sets. Starting with red. :3Accessory sets for Alchemists' Workshops, Sorcerers' Chambers, Crypts, Graves, Armories, Sanctuaries, etc.Light sources: fires, lanterns, orbs, crystals, etc.An assortment of traps.Pedestals and dioramas suitable for hosting bosses.
As a general principle, I prefer accessories that fit well with the grid; I don't like vague spaces which may or may not be playable. If that necessitates chunkier bases, I'm ok with that: more room for sculpted details!

As for new sets of playable terrain, after we get Catacombs II and Sewers, both of which should play nicely with Dwarvenite dungeons, how about some kind of set loosely inspired by the architecture from Labyrinth? Sloped walls of brick & stone, vines, slime, statuary, knobby bits, urns, pointy metal, faces, general weirdness...

jgardner44
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jgardner44 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Since I've seen wish lists being scattered through various threads these days, I thought I would revive this thread.

I know I am still looking for vertical builds.

Things I want to see...
More variety of cavern sets (and cavern sets set kept in stock so I can actually buy them)
New ice cavern sets to add variety to my builds. Having just the one ice cavern sets makes it look repetitive with several in use. (Ice is one of my favorite terrains) (more tall icy stalagmites in stock)
New hellscape sets with MORE lava :)
Water falls specialty pieces for cavern sets would be excellent.

Will we be seeing mushroom caverns or crystal caverns anytime in the near future?

Thanks!

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:36 pm

The Hall of Mirrors from Versailles.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

shadbelly
Orc
Orc

Post by shadbelly » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Sewers, sewers, sewers...

David Wasilewski
Orc
Orc

Post by David Wasilewski » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:30 am

Great Outdoors
More accessories
Narrow cavernous passages
Evil 'Mansions of Madness' MBS alternative
More themed room sets like the ogres den but loads of them

The moon on a stick? :)

Dave

Maimonides_vii
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Maimonides_vii » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:50 am

Not to necro a thread, but I feel like this is a great thread to have revived and thought about.

I'll second the Cavern Waterfall or Mines sets, and the graveyard sets. All three sound generic enough to be used constantly by many GM's.

I'd also like to see more accessories. I find that is the major thing missing. While there are many websites I can get individual pieces from (thomarillion, scotia grendel, etc.) I am not great at painting, and will gladly pay for quality pre-painted DF accessories.

And obviously vertical sets would be nice, but given how many Kickstarters for fantasy buildings / vertical terrain have failed, I won't hold my breath.

Ivanriver
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Ivanriver » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:29 am

There a lot of sets that will be very good to DF to do. But I think the most useful set would be a treasure-accesories-dungeon stuff in a big box. I would pay the cost of a big boxed set to have a set of accesories where I could find all that I need: weapons, treasures, coins, traps, furniture, portals, tables, thrones, bookshelves, statues, beds, torches, crates...

jgardner44
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jgardner44 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:59 pm

I'd love to see DF produce some cavern water falls and some hellscape lava falls or even a volcano central feature with lava falls coming from it.

Here's a waterfall from terrainscape for inspiration.
Attachments
waterfallboard.jpg
waterfallboard.jpg (0 Bytes) Viewed 5239 times

jgardner44
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jgardner44 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:39 pm

I hope we will see some more ice caverns. My favorite sets are in order of hellscape, ice caverns, caverns of all types, catacombs, and den of evil sets.

I'm really hoping for an ice cavern cave entrance piece at some point. I guess I'm still sad I missed the ROTA entrance ;).

Attachments
frostbiteentrance.jpg
frostbiteentrance.jpg (153.36 KiB) Viewed 5239 times

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:18 am

Big smooth stone blocks, plain walls and floors, perhaps with the walls angled back/out slightly.

Subsequent sets could provide decorative elements with different themes -- Egyptian, meso-American, dwarven, even alien.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Return to “Fantasy Master Maze products”