Stair Base 25

Duncan_and_Dragons
Orc
Orc

Re:Stair Base 25

Post by Duncan_and_Dragons » Thu May 02, 2013 10:28 pm

I have not done this with DF yet, but I have taken an extra set of stairs and cut off the bottom few steps. I then just flip it over and set it on a set of steps. This creates a shelf three steps in width (2 plus one step from the stair you are climbing. It does create allot of waste though since the remainder of the cut stair is garbage.

A small stair should be able to be cut like this to make a shelf for any small stair, lower stair or upper stair.

TexasStu
Orc
Orc

Post by TexasStu » Thu May 02, 2013 10:03 pm

I'm certainly not trying to take business away from DF but a SIMPLE method is this:
Use a little petroleum jelly to adhere some saran wrap or waxed paper to two or so steps and squirt an appropriate 'dollop' of clear silicone and use a wet paper towel (or finger or tool) to make a 1" platform even with a step up or so.
Let dry, remove wrapper and Voila! A clear inverted step-platform to stand a mini partway up the steps!
Enjoy

Kradlo
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kradlo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:08 pm

Litko Aerosystems already makes a set of invisible adventurers for D&D 4E, though obviously useful for other game systems.

I would definitely support Stefan's vision of dead monsters. As for PCs, I remember the old Ral Partha 3-stage characters in low, medium and high level. I believe there were also some minis that included a prone version back in the old day. I'd love to see those in the detail of today's miniatures.
Make Mine Master Maze!

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:36 am

It occurs to me that a few transparent minis could not only represent invisible opponents, but could also stand in for characters who are successfully using stealth. A set of clear figures, simple due to the medium and generic for broad use, might come in very handy.

Alternatively, paint a second copy of your character's mini in greyscale rather than in color.

What monsters or spell effects would best use a transparent mini? All I can think of are invisible stalkers, certain ghosts, and the little-known "glass golem".
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:25 am

Dead bodies is a good idea. (villagers, monsters, heroes)

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:09 pm

...you are so good to us...
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:38 pm

sounds like something we could easily do in a sort of future "advanced builder set"...perhaps If there are some other similar type ideas we could do a bunch and then sell a sort of wierd pack of odd things...for instance, some "invisible adventurers" and "dead monsters" and things like that....

BrettKing
Goblin
Goblin

Post by BrettKing » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:46 pm

I could pretty easily bend some acrylic strips to the shape you're describing on the plastic-bender at the local Tech Shop. However, I'm more inclined to build my own stairs. It's on my list of projects. Right now I use floor pieces and half-floor pieces to build up stairs. It doesn't work very well for passageways, though, since the floors don't always fit inside.

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:56 pm

The french company is also producing a royal stair, a huge one on which you can easily put your minis on each square.

I will also post a photo of something interesting to you jack in the week ^^

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:56 am

The Litko aerial stands (round and square base) are perfect to put a mini in the air (with another mini beneath it), but I don't think they are stackable. And the need a flat surface to rest on, so won't address the stair issue.

They are still a great find, and some of the other tokens and markers would be great at the gaming table as well.

Return to “Fantasy Master Maze products”