Is this the typical quality?

eikman

Re: Is this the typical quality?

Post by eikman » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:13 pm

18 months and a $40 customs charge after my initial complaint, Dwarven Forge has replaced the defective sets with better ones. Because they were running out of resin caverns sets in storage, an open water set was substituted for the river set, which is fair enough. (I can make a decent river in plastic.)

Even the new sets have a few hairline cracks between resin varieties, very slight warping, and two stalagmites bent and cracked. That's fine be me. I can now pick and match to build good terrain.

The size and shape of the new tiles is more consistent, but still noticeably varied. The machining process used in finishing the tiles after the translucent resin has cured looks to have been almost entirely hand-guided, which I find astonishing. A larger company than Dwarven Forge, or a better factory than the one responsible for this mess, would surely have constructed a series of simple wooden jigs to produce a consistent footprint. It makes me wonder whether the workers have adequate production against toxic resin fumes and dust. :|

For me it's a happy end. I thank Suzy Simon at DF for sorting this out. I can now look forward to future DF Kickstarters! Plastic is evidently harder to botch in production, and probably safer for the people who make it.
Always on the lookout for competent role-players in Gothenburg.

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:53 am

Since the advanced builder set 3, the color scheme was different and didn't match correctly with other grey pieces.
It was strange since many sets were done for many years and suddenly the color has changed but I've noticed it was the start of a lot of problems.
Peopel started to report uncorrect size for some pieces, garbage stuck in resin (hairs too !), door that cannot open, pieces with a different form of what it should look like, deformed corridors, missing pieces in the box, bad painting etc.

You can't blame the work of those workers and for each case, the customer service always tries to find you a refund or quick replacement if you're not satisfied.

The problem is that you have at your charge again postage & package fees so I never used it and could deal on used stuff to replace the wrong pieces I got, far better than to pay again for another package. Until the day DF gave us an european retailer.
Then I can tell you Thod takes care about his european customers very well too.

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:05 pm

You're not you, when you're hungry.

or is that Hangry?

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:05 pm

snort!

madrigalian
Orc
Orc

Post by madrigalian » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:13 pm

Kitenerd, need a Snickers bar? :D
My DF Galleries -
3dDelve - https://ello.co/3ddelve
Imgur - Thanks zazulu! - http://imgur.com/a/ppUeP/layout/horizontal#0

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:55 pm

nevermind - i had a new forum moment
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

^RIGOR^
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ^RIGOR^ » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:42 am

JenneyOC wrote:Every Single time there have been pictures and posts about this type of error, Stefan has ALWAYS fixed it. I wouldn't start doubting him now. It's true that QC can slip through, but DF has always stood behind their product and fixed any problems that a customer has.
Jenney
Don't get me wrong Jenney..I wasn't saying to stop trusting Stefan or DF...no, no, never...I was talking about the factory! Maybe they are not so practice working on those sets..I mean with clear resin. What I really don't like is that DF spends a lot to produce, and they lose money every time they have to change pieces or refund people..just that!

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:31 am

Every Single time there have been pictures and posts about this type of error, Stefan has ALWAYS fixed it. I wouldn't start doubting him now. It's true that QC can slip through, but DF has always stood behind their product and fixed any problems that a customer has.

I would try emailing again. I know that some emails went to Jeff specifically and I wonder if that is what happened as Jeff no longer works there. Perhaps the webmaster, forum master can point us in the correct email now that all the electronic systems have been upgraded.

Jenney

^RIGOR^
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ^RIGOR^ » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:37 pm

So it seems that with resin sets this is the situation: prices going up and quality going down. Are they joking at the factory? I mean, it seems quality control has become an option instead of a natural step..and DF pays them a lot of money..and We pay a lot of money! I wonder if it is still the right thing to trust them...

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:32 pm

I will say that customer service with DF, in my experience, has been good to incredible. If you are unhappy with a piece, they will generally take care of you.