Resin restock

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Resin restock

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri May 08, 2015 12:04 pm

Is there a way to be notified of the anticipated resin restock? I'd like to snag some catacombs sets before they sell out again. :)
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dafrca
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dafrca » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:43 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:Have I been blind? Maybe I just haven't checked the page in a long time but have we always had the Cavernous Lake Expansion in stock?
The Cavernous Lake Expansion Set is showing as in stock right now. :D

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:50 pm

I don't know, but I snagged a set last week. Those ratman are getting flushed down the whirlpool if they make trouble in Valoria. The resin river and lakes are so sweet - especially the little fish here and there. One thing I really liked about the resin caverns and water is the nice 4x4 foot print - so much less effort to lay out a dungeon (of course slightly less flexible). The main reason I skipped DFKS2 was the 2x2 format for the Dwarvenite cavern bits. I am thinking that 4x4 CBS will be equally sweet for the same reasons. I used some of my MBS and DFKS1 to simulate CBS to see what I wanted and decided that 2x2 is such a bother for complex multi-level layouts. I hope the castle stuff follows with more 4x4 goodness.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:42 pm

Have I been blind? Maybe I just haven't checked the page in a long time but have we always had the Cavernous Lake Expansion in stock?

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:07 am

I hope that when the KS3 pieces actually do make it to the online store, there's also a restock of resin MBS.

I see that it sold out during the KS, and that makes sense -- a lot of people's interest in that style was piqued by the KS, not to mention there were people who'd been holding out for a Dwarvenite MBS and realized it wasn't coming so they caved on the resin. One way or another, for whatever reason, the MBS is a good companion to the city builder pieces. Yes, yes, I remember GridGate, but the stuff still sold out. ;) So I hope that Stefan anticipates that when the new stuff shows up, there may be yet another new crowd discovering this stuff for the first time, and interest in MBS will once again mean that there's a very good reason to keep it in stock.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:26 am

Takeda wrote:If anyone has any rivers or lake sets/ pieces that are delaminating I'll buy them.
I have a Lake Expansion Set with one piece that has that issue; the rest of the set is fine.

http://dwarvenforge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6756

I can post a pic of the affected piece if you would like, but it would have to be tonight after I get home.

Takeda
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Takeda » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:14 am

If anyone has any rivers or lake sets/ pieces that are delaminating I'll buy them.

Takeda
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Takeda » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:07 am

I'm assembling a few sets of the sewer together permanently and then adding resin to them. No reason not to...

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:01 am

I love, love, love the resin water pieces. Stefan had talked about them for at least a year before they came out, if not longer. And I'm such a sucker for those old museum dioramas where they show the water and what's under and what's above it. I love the water -- seeing the little fish in the river bends, seeing the mold and slime and rocks at the shore line, seeing the stalagmites emerge from the water. Awesome.

I haven't been as interested in the KS2 water pieces for that reason. They're pretty and they effectively create a river space for games, but they aren't the full-on awesome that we already had. What they DO have to offer is portability and durability. The other pieces I feel like I have to be very careful with.

This is why I would LOVE to see resin sewers. As cool as the cavernous water system is, the thing about clear resin water is that you can see what's under the surface -- and 75% of the time that's "nothing." I think a resin sewer with a brick "riverbed" -- essentially the sculpts we're getting with KS3 -- would look AWESOME with clear water, precisely because you'd get the effect of seeing the details under the water. It would have a three-dimensionality that would just look so awesome. I strongly suspect it's never gonna happen, but I'm crossing my fingers anyway. ;)

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:52 am

No, the rivers are too sweet! I've been looking at expanding them due to global rise of water in my caverns :D

Guess, I will have to go with dwarvenite tributaries.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com