Resin restock

Takeda
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Resin restock

Post by Takeda » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:43 am

lostpict wrote:I just have the resin rivers - are the Dwarvenite ones very different (aside from 2x2 footprint)?
Yeah, they aren't resin at all, just painted. Any chance you want sell those rivers ;).

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:36 pm

lostpict wrote:I just have the resin rivers - are the Dwarvenite ones very different (aside from 2x2 footprint)?
Disclaimer: While I have seen and handled resin rivers and lakes tiles I have not owned them.

I think both look pretty good, but the color scheme is a bit less gradual in transition on the dwarvenite tiles and there is a better illusion of depth in the resin tiles. I think the dwarvenite can be improved simply by adding a few more layers of clear coat of your preference on top of the water portions of the tiles.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:07 pm

I just have the resin rivers - are the Dwarvenite ones very different (aside from 2x2 footprint)?
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Greyhawk DM
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Greyhawk DM » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:28 pm

I'm waiting on response back on when the Catacomb 1 set will be back in stock? Originally was told March a few months ago and have been waiting a month for an update. Now I see they have been taken off the webstore....hmmm

Takeda
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Takeda » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:38 pm

Well looks like it's time to bust out the dremil on my ks2 lakes then. Fill them in with my resin....

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:28 pm

kitenerd wrote:yet another idea to drive sales to the webstore - post odds and ends and left overs for rock bottom prices

if a set is returned due to a quality issue, pull the half out that was good and slap it up on a specials page - we vultures would snap it up and (as long as we were already paying shipping) probably grab something else too!
+1
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:22 pm

yet another idea to drive sales to the webstore - post odds and ends and left overs for rock bottom prices

if a set is returned due to a quality issue, pull the half out that was good and slap it up on a specials page - we vultures would snap it up and (as long as we were already paying shipping) probably grab something else too!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

nararabbit
Goblin
Goblin

Post by nararabbit » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:31 pm

Takeda, unless something has changed, they are no longer producing those river/cavern lake sets in the resin because there were many sets with cracking/splitting issues. I contacted Thod probably 18 months ago about buying some of HIS sets, but he told me they were having to piece together sets from multiple boxes as so many had issues. Needless to say that came out to very few complete sets!

Unless they figure out some way to resolve the issue I don't see these coming back.

Takeda
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Takeda » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:41 pm

Does anyone know if we will see any restock of the resin cavern lake/river sets?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:27 pm

Soon.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned