PLEASE restock the resin Room Set!

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Re: PLEASE restock the resin Room Set!

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:14 pm

And I don't even talk about the vespa velutina which is coming from china and invades Europe.
The colony are extremely dangerous.
It looks like alien's lair with guardians ready to attack at 3/4 meters.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:23 pm

I'm in UT, but never had bees in my house. I guess I don't get to participate in that lovely experience. :p
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:06 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
HeroQuestFrance wrote:I have a game room at home.
One door, one window, and walls are shelves.
On it, every boardgame i play the most, figurines and dungeon pieces.
It's more simple to take a piece and replace it when you play.
The boxes are in the attic. It takes too much place and too much time to prepare a game scenery otherwise.
I take a look on it each 6 months so see if there no invaders (mouses, spiders, and bees).
Bees? I've had spiders, ants, flies, and beetles but no bees!
I don't know about over there, but here in the Midwest bees and wasps are a consideration with attic storage. They make for very unpleasant surprises.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:32 am

After I deboxed, I did store the boxes in my workshop attic for a season. I had mice move about a pound of thistle seed from a storage container in the workshop to one of the boxes in the attic.
Last edited by lostpict on Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:58 am

HeroQuestFrance wrote:I have a game room at home.
The boxes are in the attic. It takes too much place and too much time to prepare a game scenery otherwise.
I take a look on it each 6 months so see if there no invaders (mouses, spiders, and bees).
Bees? I've had spiders, ants, flies, and beetles but no bees!
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:18 am

lostpict wrote: It also helps to camouflage the exact size of the collection from my dear one.
A VERY important consideration that, and great effect from ditching the boxes! :D

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:42 am

I have a game room at home.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:15 pm

I fully understand Law's desire for boxes. But I personally let me DF Resin stuff go commando.

I have had DF since it came out way back when and kept in the boxes until 5 years ago. I found that I used it MUCH LESS than it deserved while in the boxes (too much time to pull it out, sort it, and put it back). It also helps to camouflage the exact size of the collection from my dear one.

So I sacrificed the boxes to the landfill and dumped it into tubs (with the exception of the caverns/rivers en masse and a few other bits that seemed fragile). No REGRETS!

I have found it is very durable, I have hauled it to many conventions and back home in those tubs. The folks that help me set up the wargame tables don't know it is precious and usually toss it into the tubs with abandon. But I don't worry since it is good sturdy Art! About the only thing I have broken over the decades were some of the torch sconces from back in the 90s, but that was when I was storing it in the boxes and wrestling them in and out; I also knocked off a few of the candles on the MBS bits, but superglue will fix it right back. About the only sure-fire way I have found to hurt it is a plummet to the concrete floor.

So I say, give your boxes a Viking funeral and set your DF free! :D

OBTW, is this in the right forum topic category? ;)
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:07 pm

I love, love, love my Catacombs sets. They're the only resin I have. I've kept them in the box, which definitely makes using them less convenient. But I'm glad they're safe.

It'd be interesting to see if DF continues to support resin products.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:29 am

The highly detailed works of art that are the resin sets - those pics of layouts that would rotate on the main page and are now only in the gallery... ironically, they're what drew me to Dwarven Forge, yet because I don't own any resin I don't have the 'sickness' ;-) that you old resin collectors do.

I do know that as soon as I own a set of resin that I'll be hooked. After all, I have laid my hands on and played with the RotA sets at GenCon 2014, and just stared at them with awe and desire. The problem for a virgin like me is supply. ;-) I'd love to see restock as well so I could have the opportunity - the chance, even - to own some of the sets I'm interested in. My only other opportunity is to fight it out with all the veterans on this forum who are rabidly seeking new ebay posts, Facebook posts or posts here selling sets and have been putting money aside for when they come up. Its very much dog-eat-dog for those rarer and rarer sets.

Edit: I guess ebay is the place if I want to be swimming in resin.... and the prices are reasonable?... cool!... is the selection there?... can I shop for exactly what I want - I can have my pick? I'm going to have a look-see.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.