Can we get some Dwarven Forge shirts made ?

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Can we get some Dwarven Forge shirts made ?

Post by LordDust » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:01 pm

jchunick wrote:
AnimeSensei wrote:I'm sure there are quality print on demand t-shirt companies out there; if DF doesn't want to stock shirts, I think that's probably the best option truthfully.

$15-20 and you get a shirt mailed to your door. Make some of them limited edition during a kickstarter or something.
Without looking into it too much, I would agree that taking this route would probably be the best option.
It also allows them to affordably have several designs and to possibly even offer hats or other goodies. I can also vouch that I would love a DF dice bag (that might not be doable on demand, not sure if there is a company that can do that)!

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:54 am

AnimeSensei wrote:I'm sure there are quality print on demand t-shirt companies out there; if DF doesn't want to stock shirts, I think that's probably the best option truthfully.

$15-20 and you get a shirt mailed to your door. Make some of them limited edition during a kickstarter or something.
Without looking into it too much, I would agree that taking this route would probably be the best option.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:52 am

I'm sure there are quality print on demand t-shirt companies out there; if DF doesn't want to stock shirts, I think that's probably the best option truthfully.

106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:53 am

LordDust wrote:Maybe one with a nice catchy slogan on it like, "If you build it, they will game!"
That's a kickass slogan!!! XDD

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:24 am

A shirt with the DF logo over the left breast and maybe a goblin cowering before Zaltar on the back hollering, "Doom to yet wallet!" in a word bubble?

Maybe one with a nice catchy slogan on it like, "If you build it, they will game!"

We could always use the good ol' standby: "I went to Valoria and all I got was this crummy T-shirt!" Possibly with subtext: (and a few hundred pounds of Dwarvenite).

Mydienon
Orc
Orc

Post by Mydienon » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:44 pm

I wouldn't care if DF offered shirts for sale, but in the suggestions to replace the tote bags with shirts for Kickstarter backers, I'd like to voice my opinion that I prefer the tote bags.

The tote bags are useful for carrying Dwarvenite, or other game-related things, or for shopping, and they are sturdy and good-quality bags. Also, just because I have totes from KSI, KSII, and KSIII, doesn't mean everyone who backs KSIV has the same -- a new backer might appreciate the tote.

I'd probably not wear (or buy) a DF shirt. If it's a DF shirt made at one of those print-on-demand custom-shirt-making websites, I can say I would definitely never wear or buy it. In my experience, those things last through about 3 washings (or maybe the t-shirt gifts I've received have been really low quality; if someone knows of a high-quality custom t-shirt printer, feel free to correct me).

If DF is looking for alternatives to the tote bags for KSIV, I can think of some suggestions. But since this thread is specific to shirts (and not totes, or any KS), I'll just leave it with a suggestion not to replace future KS totes with shirts.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:38 pm

I have three tote bags from KSIII alone. One Ks, one pre-order and one retail. Remember the Hamlet and Village sets come with a tote bag also.

Good idea on the voucher, but why DF? Make it a voucher for one of the T-shirt companies instead. Then it is easy for DDF, they can probably get a bulk discount from the webstore and people can get the shirt they want, even if not DF.

I imagine the price of the tote is far less than a decent T-shirt.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:40 pm

Size is a PITA when it comes to fulfillment, but i would MUCH rather have a shirt than a tote bag

Here is a brilliant marketing idea (thanks, i just thought of it!). Include with every KS order a coupon for a FREE T-shirt (the money they would have spent on tote bag). Redeem your free T-shirt coupon with any $50 order from the webstore. That way the PITA part of fulfillment can be handled one at a time with web orders. Shipping gets paid for with the other bits. Webstore traffic gets a bump due to people wanting free clothes. This is an all around WIN. Plus if the coupon expires after a year, unclaimed shirts can be sold (along with production over runs) for pure profit!

I could totally see Stefan signing these in gold sharpie like a rockstar to a line of adoring fans at a con...
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:13 pm

Oh yes. Having 3 of those already, I thought about the t-shirts too... or fridge magnets if need be. :-D

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:58 pm

I'd way prefer a shirt to the DF bag. :)