Hellscape Gate question

Alarian
Orc
Orc

Re: Hellscape Gate question

Post by Alarian » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

One correction to my last post. I checked and I did have the floor pack but it had its own pack of 25 gems. So it does seem to be a bonus pack.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:33 pm

I bought the Helgbate as separate piece from Dwarven Forge as well. However, no bag of gems. Probably a warehouse mistake but I cannot recall any other piece that came with a bag of gems. I have no idea what they could be. Toss them up towards your head and see if any take up orbit as ioun stones!

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:00 pm

I played with the Hellscape Gate at DF's old studio in NY back when we were developing KS4... I don't recall seeing any gems in the piece, but then I was more interested in how the manual winch worked.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Alarian
Orc
Orc

Post by Alarian » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:17 pm

No I got it from Dwarven Forge. I'm sure it came with the gate. Must have been an a error at the factory I guess. I'll have to check again but I'm fairly certain I never bought the fantasy floor set.

Thanks for the info.

Heresy
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Heresy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:04 pm

The gems are most likely for the pentagram floor piece from the Fantasy Floor set, not sure why they would come with the gate. Did you buy it off ebay? Someone might have just thrown the bag of gems in the box by accident.

Alarian
Orc
Orc

Hellscape Gate question

Post by Alarian » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:04 pm

I picked up the Hellscape Gate a few years back and have used it a few times in my games (love it) but I have a question on it. When I got it it came with a baggy of 30+ tiny gems. I've never seen any pictures of the gate with the gems in them. Does anyone know just where these gems are supposed to be used? I assume a few could be used in the Dragon heads and demon for eyes, but that's only a few at best.

Anyone know where they are actually supposed to go?

Here is a photo of the item in question: