RotA 2 question

realarete
Orc
Orc

Re: RotA 2 question

Post by realarete » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:41 pm

Wow, those are some great pictures, and a really sharp layout.

I never picked these sets up, but I'm rolling some Will saves right now ..... :o

I do have a 4-way intersection, which by itself looks nice used with other sets ... love mixing.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:19 pm

That is a nice layout!

I'm at 1 and 1 of the ROTA sets, you're making me seriously reconsider picking up a second base set. 2/1 ratio does look pretty nice, as others have mentioned.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:15 am

Man those shure are purdy

Still having to make our resin saving throw, RotA just looks stunning every time we see it.
Fab pictures AstroCat :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:25 am

Gorgeous pics Astrocat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:23 am

GardenDM wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:15 pm
AstroCat wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:35 pm
Yeah I was looking for kinda the ancient Egypt groove and these somewhat fill that roll, more of maybe a Babylonian flavor or something. I think I know the KS you are talking about, how are those?
Quality was OK. Some bubbles from the casting. Paint job is very simple wash, but works well enough for the theme.

Biggest concern is that they feel fragile compared to Dwarvenite or even DF Resin. Haven't actually broken any pieces, but they are thin in areas. Also haven't put them into play yet, so remains TBD. :)

That said, totally table-worthy and fit my goal of only buying resin / stone (etc.) tiles for niche settings that aren't offered (yet) in Dwarvenite. I've also got some docks coming in (soon?) for the same purpose from another recent KS.
I have a bunch of sets from both their Kickstarters and like it very much. Fulfills a different niche for me than the RotA pieces do. I agree with Garden DM that the pieces seem more fragile than Resin.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:24 pm

The RotA treasure set (sold separately) has a chariot and canopic jars among other things... Were they trying to merge the themes (RotA sets kinda give a Roman/Egyptian vibe) or perhaps there were plans for actual Egyptian sets that never came to fruition?

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:15 pm

AstroCat wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:35 pm
Yeah I was looking for kinda the ancient Egypt groove and these somewhat fill that roll, more of maybe a Babylonian flavor or something. I think I know the KS you are talking about, how are those?
Quality was OK. Some bubbles from the casting. Paint job is very simple wash, but works well enough for the theme.

Biggest concern is that they feel fragile compared to Dwarvenite or even DF Resin. Haven't actually broken any pieces, but they are thin in areas. Also haven't put them into play yet, so remains TBD. :)

That said, totally table-worthy and fit my goal of only buying resin / stone (etc.) tiles for niche settings that aren't offered (yet) in Dwarvenite. I've also got some docks coming in (soon?) for the same purpose from another recent KS.

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:35 pm

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:57 pm

Thank you for the photos! You can build quite a bit with just 3 sets. This is really helpful for me to think about potential future investment in RoTA.

I have an Egyptian themed set from a KS a few years back that fills a similar (but different) niche and would likely need to choose between the two from a storage perspective. Time will tell which way I go.

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Saw this thread, for reference I received my 2 set 1, 1 set 2 of RotA and 1 extra 4 door section. Here are some images of what that combo looks like for reference... (also I used the extra "slide out doors" to make "walls".