Future Woodlands Re-stock?

John D
Orc
Orc

Re: Future Woodlands Re-stock?

Post by John D » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:31 pm

Yeah, these have to be new. They aren't left over Limited Ed stock. There's no #x of XXX certificate, the listing doesn't mention any limited numbers, and the paint scheme seems like Woodlands 2.0 (now cheaper, faster, and full of errors!).
I get the feeling Woodlands is a set we'll see again one day. I truly hope they're willing to spend some time addressing the factory painting on any future sets, because this batch doesn't work for me. As a painter, all I see is careless, amateur work. The Woodlands deserves better.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:10 pm

I am guessing that the change in boxes for Woodlands reflects new production, vice pulling from a magic horde of original Woodlands sets. That also probably relates to the paint differences too. I thought the most interesting part was the lack of an asterisk indicating these to be limited edition.

I think they will work well with the Dreadhollow Forest (updated my typo). They also work well with Moderns. I am planning a Weird War II game with Hitler's arcane minions ala Castle Wolfenstein using my Dust minis my castle, some CBS and Woodlands garden.. I have already found out that you can use these to make nice hedge mazes including one with an evil swastika for the uber-Nazi Zombies. No pictures to avoid offending sensibilities and causing a ruckus in the EU.
Last edited by lostpict on Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:22 pm

pacarat wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:10 pm
Hmmm - paint looks sloppy to me.
I got two sets, and the level of paint they have is that of the pictures.

That is, some drybrush in the wrong places, the basin a bit cloudy...

But, to be honest, I realy like them anyway, and from tabletop you really can't tell.
At worst, I'll give the pieces a final drybrush pass on the stone, to make them more uniform (since the drybrush on the floor is not always even).

I can say I am really satisfied with what I got, and if I could go back I would get them again without question.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:04 pm

I have to wonder, I have 3 sets of the first run limited to 300 sets. Does anyone recall what was the bonus piece for those? I can’t remember. Was it the little fountain/birdbath piece?

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:49 am

I actually don’t mind the brown boxes, but I’m not a big fan of styrofoam.

I must say though every piece was in perfect condition and every LED lit on testing.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:43 am

With how much cardboard comes out of china, I would not be surprised if the Chinese government decided that all that bleaching was not worth it.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:08 am

Mine came in brown cardboard as well. But both sets (woodland and rota 1) had the traditional set photo on one side.

Nate made an off hand comment during a live stream or unboxing video that they could not get white boxes for ks5 (painted sets usually come in white - this year they used yellow stickers to indicate painted vs unpainted).

Perhaps this is related.

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:05 am

My 2 woodland sets both came in brown boxes packed with styrofoam. My other resin sets Catacombs, ROA etc. we’re mostly white boxes, also packed with styrofoam.

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:15 am

My woodlands set came in a brown cardboard box as well, still has the sticker of the woodlands set on the outside. The only other resin I've got recently had been a couple of the accessory sets and those came in the standard small white boxes.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:08 am

Harneloot wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:03 am
lostpict wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:33 pm
Mine looks like John D's. :-(

It was packed in a fitted styrofoam in a corrugated box of the Dwarvenite style instead of the old resin style box with graphics. There was a vintage flyer talking about how to use the sets and a list of resin sets. Some had an asterisk next to the name indicating it was a limited edition, but no asterisk for Woodlands. Glad to get it in anycase.
Well that's a bit weird - in fact I have never ever heard of resin sets shipping like that before. Is that how ALL the restocked resin sets are coming? :?
my most recent two catacomb I sets came in plain brown boxen.... 📦

Return to “Fantasy Master Maze products”