Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

User avatar
AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 3543
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:03 pm
Location: South Weber, UT

Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue May 15, 2018 3:35 pm

Gamma Sets are actually kind of weird. When bought originally from the store, I've been told a single "set" was actually two of the Gamma boxes, as they're smaller, accessory-style pieces. So each box you see online is actually only 1/2 of a Gamma set. :P
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

User avatar
jazzman
Goblin
Goblin
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by jazzman » Tue May 15, 2018 2:24 pm

There were actually 2 of them. Probably should have gotten both. Interestingly the other one was $140 from the same seller.

User avatar
Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 3482
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by Harneloot » Tue May 15, 2018 12:37 pm

jazzman wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:49 am
I just picked up a Gamma set on eBay for $120 BIN. Seemed cheap. What's the current value of one?
HA! Apparently I don't check e-bay compulsively enough! Been searching for a Gamma set for years!

Nice find Jazzman!

User avatar
Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1037
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO

Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by Vegomatic » Tue May 15, 2018 11:24 am

jazzman wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:49 am
I just picked up a Gamma set on eBay for $120 BIN. Seemed cheap. What's the current value of one?
Nice find!

Havent seen a gamma set by itself on ebay in many years... so there isnt a good measure of current value of a single set.

User avatar
jazzman
Goblin
Goblin
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by jazzman » Tue May 15, 2018 8:49 am

I just picked up a Gamma set on eBay for $120 BIN. Seemed cheap. What's the current value of one?

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:46 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by GODofwar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:04 pm

kenshidark wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:02 pm
GODofwar wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:03 pm
Where are you in Australia? My mum was an immigrant here, from Perth.
...
The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
The total other side of the country in Sydney. It's a pretty big difference between the two places really if you've never been over here before. But there's always time to visit if you never have :)
Oh, I've been to Sydney. Had cousins there. Been a long time, though.
...
The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
WeaselWarGod

kenshidark
Kobold
Kobold
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:20 am

Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by kenshidark » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:02 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:03 pm
Where are you in Australia? My mum was an immigrant here, from Perth.
...
The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
The total other side of the country in Sydney. It's a pretty big difference between the two places really if you've never been over here before. But there's always time to visit if you never have :)

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:46 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by GODofwar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:03 pm

kenshidark wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 am
GODofwar wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:58 am

Currently available on Ebay. I did not check the other listings.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dwarven-Forge- ... 2250019595
Hey, thanks GODofwar for posting that. It's really the starter set that is the elusive one (although not as elusive as gamma and beta expansions), the passage set you can still buy the passage set from the DF store, but that really have limited use. Also, it's a pain since I live in Australia and lots of sellers, including the one you linked, don't ship over here. I'll be keeping an eye out though.
Where are you in Australia? My mum was an immigrant here, from Perth.
...
The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
WeaselWarGod

kenshidark
Kobold
Kobold
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:20 am

Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by kenshidark » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 am

GODofwar wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:58 am

Currently available on Ebay. I did not check the other listings.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dwarven-Forge- ... 2250019595
Hey, thanks GODofwar for posting that. It's really the starter set that is the elusive one (although not as elusive as gamma and beta expansions), the passage set you can still buy the passage set from the DF store, but that really have limited use. Also, it's a pain since I live in Australia and lots of sellers, including the one you linked, don't ship over here. I'll be keeping an eye out though.

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:46 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by GODofwar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:58 am

kenshidark wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:39 am
I couldn't agree more about having a dwarvenite/modern set. I've started doing more regular Starfinder sessions with the party, and while I can utilise a lot of my regular dwarvenite pieces, and especially the realm of the ancients resin pieces, I'd love to have some actual sci-fi themed pieces. I missed out on being able to secure any sci-fi resin since I've only known about DF for a few years, and the main focus when I started collecting was classic dungeons and caverns. Even finding sci-fi pieces from aftermarket sources is basically impossible.

I'd like to see a very basic core set released with maybe KSVI or KSVII as an add-on so DF can see if there is actually any market for these pieces yet. I would easily buy something on par with that of the size of a "game tiles set", so buying 4 or 5 sets can build you half a star-ship or military base no problem.
Currently available on Ebay. I did not check the other listings.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dwarven-Forge- ... 2250019595
WeaselWarGod

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest